All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. sundown sae-1500d Amps protection mode specs

And are they strapped at 1 or each seeing one?
  3. sundown sae-1500d Amps protection mode specs

They dont protect with the engine off?
  4. sundown sae-1500d Amps protection mode specs

Hay guys I'm trying to find the detailed specs on sundown audio sae-1500d amp protection modes. Not just what will cause protection modes but more like high/low voltage protection circuit .80volt Spike To go into protection mode or something similar. The issue im having is in my f150 setup, 4 sa-15 subs walled with shared air space total of 19.97cubes tuned at 38 hertz. Drivers are 2 sae-1500d sundown amps strapped, and no not with a dam ratchet strap or rope, strapped as in power and two amps bridged to one. Ohm load on all 4 total is 1.23. with seals on and no wind or movements. Power and grounds are way bigger than spec, I'm running 3/0 aka 000 cables that can handle 450 amps and not loose flow and 650 amps at 60% duty cycle. There going into gold adapters at the amps to neck down and fit. All runs of power to Amps are equal length and grounds are same size 000 wire and are 9 inches from amp. I also ran 10 total runs of 000 with grounding bolts that are nickel plated to multiple different points on truck. Big three has been done. Here is where I'm slacking, factory alt, and two battery's is the power source. This is a slow project and my daily driver so money does affect me. Side note, running 4 sundown coaxial 6.5 door speakers and 4 3 inch horn tweets on a sundown sax 200.4 amp. Subs hit good until high volume then go into protect mode. Always the slave amp, here is the kicker, it only does it with engine running, I can bang them with engine off key on or engine off key in acc but if engine is running about 75% volume on hard bass hit slave is in protect. When this happens I'm seeing 14.6 volts and then right when it hits it drops to 14.23 or so. When not loud alt kicks down to 13.3 volts and is consistent. All readings are at amp itself. Unhook them and run seperatly and I don't have a issue except I have no scope and can't gain match with volt meterxlose enough to run them in same inclosure of that size can i? Thanks and sorry for long post but detailed info is always better in my opinion
  5. Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I am too just to hear the results... I think I'm gonna do some grilled with lemon and butter...Thats what I always do..I need to venture out and try something different though..I have kinda been on a garlic kick here lately..Never made garlic ones though might try half and half idk..But now after thinking about shrimps I am going to have to have some very shortly..Roads are good and clear now so I can hit the grocery store up..
  6. Audiofrog GB 10D4 test box

The Audiofrogs did not pan out... they can not handle any abuse if you drive them hard the surrounds cut on the trim ring around them.... all 4 were sent back and I upgraded to the Focal Kx 25
  7. 2012 dodge 2500 2 evil 15s on 10k blowthrough

Train horn also
  8. 2012 dodge 2500 2 evil 15s on 10k blowthrough

Dude said he dont care how much of the bed/cab gets cut out so tomorrow im going to check and see if there will be room to do just a regular ported enclosure blowthrough rather than a 4th order bandpass. . Really wouldnt want to cut out that much but think I could get louder that way. We will see what everything looks like
  9. 2012 dodge 2500 2 evil 15s on 10k blowthrough

Yea . . Yea he likes lights lol . Ill get some pictures of It In the dark
  10. Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Imma cook them soon. So excited.
  11. Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Sooooo.......How did the shrimp go? After you done brung shrip up I'm getting me some tomorrow I guess..You got me craving them would have today but I got stuck in Franklin,Tn all damn day with the women friend...Horrible experience
  12. 2012 dodge 2500 2 evil 15s on 10k blowthrough

Are all those light 3 phase? Lol Thats alot of lights...Looks like something my stepfather would do..He has a thing with lights I literary need sunglasses walking in his house..
  13. 2012 dodge 2500 2 evil 15s on 10k blowthrough

Lots of neons lol
  14. Welcome to the IHoP v.2

One more night of sleep without the kiddo. Last night I had a few too many and didn't sleep well. Can't be doing that shit! Sleep is too important!
  15. 2012 dodge 2500 2 evil 15s on 10k blowthrough

Lots of lights
  16. Yesterday
  17. 2012 dodge 2500 2 evil 15s on 10k blowthrough

This build could get nuts.
  18. 2012 dodge 2500 2 evil 15s on 10k blowthrough

Oh man the evils want the save on the larger side lol. Unless you trim it down a bit.
  19. Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Lucky!!
  20. 2012 dodge 2500 2 evil 15s on 10k blowthrough

I just hope we can get a decent amount of space for the evils cause dude is wanting to keep like half the bed. Should be getting started on the enclosure this weekend. . Been working on led's and neons around the car for the last couple days
  21. 2012 dodge 2500 2 evil 15s on 10k blowthrough

Yea it should be a fun build. Iv built enclosures for blowthroughs but never completed one in a vehicle
  22. Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Two more nights of falling asleep to ocean waves. Then hopefully SNOW
  23. 2012 dodge 2500 2 evil 15s on 10k blowthrough

Oh damn back at it again? So soon!? Lol. And perfect timing I’m looking into doing a blow through for my single cab ranger. I’ll be tuned in my friend
  24. Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Unsure. Big brown fuckers. I'm amped
  25. Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Mmmmmmm.....How you gonna do it?
  26. Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Picked up some shrimp for tomorrow
  27. Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I never really got into scallops,but I can eat pounds of grilled shrimp..Never really had the chance to try good scallops..
  1. Load more activity