All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. lithium

Infinite baffle and cutting rear seat back

do you think stock opening in the rear deck would be too restrictive for 10s or 12s?
  3. Tirefryr

I hate to say it, but I think a small driver and enclosure is best for you at this time.
  4. Today
  5. Godsmack

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Off topic, I sent you a different resume to look at. When you get a moment if you could have a look, I'd appreciate it. J
  6. Godsmack

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Shit's insane. J
  7. lithium

I don't want to cut the deck and do not have access to a welder. Still working out of my 1 bedroom apartment for now.
  8. Yesterday
  9. Tirefryr

Do you have the ability or desire to cut and weld on the deck?
  10. dem beats

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

If I liked being pegged I would tell everyone. How else you gonna find love? It's a shame I'm not gay or I to it. These butt cheeks on swole, kind of a waste.
  11. Tirefryr

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I know a chick whose boyfriend makes her do that. I call him Peg every time I see him. He then proceeds to tell me his name is Steve. Been doing this for over a year and it still hasn't occurred to the man.
  12. lithium

I think I could make 3x 10" work on the rear deck. Seems like the Daytons, modelled above, could get close to the same performance as the mach 5 mj18 I've run in my last vehicles. I need to see if 12s could fit. And if they do, would the stock speaker openings in the deck be large enough to vent through. Im sure I could build a 6 inch thick baffle to install any size woofer on the rear deck. But that would defeat the purpose of the install.
  13. topgun

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I thought that was a peg instead of a poke...
  14. Tirefryr

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

. . . must. . . . hold. . . . . back. . . .
  15. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I like to poke myself. Glad my wife likes being poked
  16. ///M5

I'd rather see what you can fire through the rear speaker holes.
  17. lithium

3 dayton ultimax 10's vs my MJ18 in 15 cuft. MJ 18 on 300 watts vs 600 watts on the daytons. (the mj18 xmax is 12mm so it actually runs out well below 300 watts)
  18. lithium

Maybe three 10s or 12 IB on the rear deck could happen.
  19. lithium

So as you can see here the rear deck is about 12 or 13 wide between the bracing. seat up (this color combo is kinda fuggly in some lighting, should have went with black interior lol) seat down, opening is about 27 inch wide at the bottom, 16 inches wide at the top, 30 inches wide in the middle, and 16 inches tall.
  20. lithium

Turns out you can buy the steel back for $200 https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~frame~rr~seat~back~82126-t3l-a01.html
  21. lithium

Ya that's right. Cutting the actual seat back. I would cut a small hole and let the sub vent into the seat foam. The problem with the rear deck is creating that baffle. The actual deck is <12" and I have to deal with the lid tension bars. I'll get pictures. Its useless to talk about this without showing you what it looks like.
  22. dem beats

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Always 900 pokers kn the fire. I thought I was a plate spinner.
  23. Tirefryr

SO the steel you're thinking about cutting is the actual seat back? If it were me, I would build a wall straight down from the back of the deck. That gives you your front/rear separation and allows it to vent through the rear deck when the seat is up. I would be simple enough to fab up a baffle and seal it with some hot glue and clay to get an idea. If you like it, then work to make it permanent.
  24. Last week
  25. Godsmack

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Yes it is. Dude is a beast. J
  26. Godsmack

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I don't have any hookups, but I'll help ya with the Veteran card if it'll help. J
  27. lithium

I'll get some pics when I can. Here is a stock photo of the rear seat. As you can see, its one section. stock photo of the truck
  28. lithium

I forgot to mention that the rear seat does lie down unlike other coupes I've seen. So I think its not structural, thoughts? The issue with the rear deck is that it's very narrow, roughly 12". Stock sub installed in the rear deck is 8 inches with two additional holes for 6.5" drivers. Current driver options that I own are my Mach 5 MJ18 and 12" AA Arsenal. Making the MJ18 fit in a car is rough, I'd probably grab a 15" IB sub option just save myself the hassle.
  29. Tirefryr

Post some pics so we can see what you're working with and what are your plans so far driver wise?
  1. Load more activity