All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Tirefryr

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

If you're stuck by yourself I can tell you how to do that too.
  3. Today
  4. Mark LaFountain

Applications

welcome to SSA!!
  5. dem beats

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Congrats on another trip around the local star and I hope you never have textured urine again. :-D
  6. Randal Johnson

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport/Limited

Looks like they will be nice and stealthy.
  7. MKader17

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Probably working on a friend's vehicle today. Searched back to find this advice. Will try it out today!
  8. jcarter1885

Introduction to Audio Nirvana

and Im tuned in
  9. jcarter1885

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport/Limited

Love these Mechman fuse holders from the SSA Store, they very inexpensive but definitely high quality with some weight too them. And here I was about to buy some $30 Rockford Fosgate fuse holders. I havent installed them yet but I love them already.
  10. nem

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Loving the mustang updates Jared.
  11. nem

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Thanks guys. Went through some kidney testing and another KUB yesterday. Currently my kidney function is back to normal and the KUB shows no hidden kidney stones. Hopefully all is back to normal.
  12. Yesterday
  13. Godsmack

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Happy cake day Neal!!!
  14. Godsmack

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I know, Nashville. I just tend to confuse the two as there are rumors of things being moved around more etc. Either way the point is the same. J
  15. Second Skin

Welcome to the Owner's Manual

Welcome to "The Owner's Manual" Second Skin's newest resource for all things sound and heat. Helpful articles, slideshows, and how-to (DIY) instructions will be released over the future weeks, months, and years to help consumers make better choices with their build budgets to get the right products the first time. Check it out, give us some feedback, and let us know what you would like to see articles on in the future!!! Thanks for following Second Skin's journey over the past 19 years, we appreciate each and every one of you. #TeamSecondSkin CONSTRAINED-LAYER DAMPING #SecondSkinInsulation #SecondSkinAudio #AmericanMadeSoundDeadening #SoundProofing #SoundProof #CarAudio #SecondSkinForTheWin #AutomotiveRestoration
  16. dem beats

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

HBD Neal!!!!
  17. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Staying in downtown Fargo tonight. Feels weird to be "home"
  18. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

HBD Indeed!
  19. ///M5

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche

RTA and cheap mic is complete meh
  20. Tirefryr

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Happy Berfday Neal!
  21. Randal Johnson

I'm basically talking myself out of adding a midrange driver. I have a pair of 4" drivers and a pair of 8" drivers if I need them brand new in their boxes. I like my dash look stock as possible with it's dash cover. The tweet's new locations help tremendously with stage and image and They are more stealthy. Once the A-Pilars are done, They will definitely be in MECA Regulation with Street Class. I’m using the exact same 6.5 & tweet set and a pair of Amplifiers that I bought 10 years ago that went in White Lightning. The only major difference is that this application is fully active with the Helix. I don’t have the amplifier for another 2 channels and I’m not buying any more drivers if I don’t have to. What I Really need to do is get a mic for the Helix so I can get the RTA application working.
  22. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Memphis doesn't make LP, just 535 and other plectrum guitars.
  23. ///M5

Then I'd pick drivers that are ideal in the tonality ranges and go from there. Screams sealed or ported 3" to me although if you really spend time you could tuck in a 4. I can't imagine the sails will do what you want except widen the width.
  24. Randal Johnson

My primary Goal with this Avalanche is to be a MECA SQL World Champion. Plain and Simple. My kids are grown and gone so I can get back on my projects and goals. I truly believe This Avalanche is in the ball park of a world champ if I can get things optimized and tuned correctly. Just a lot of work and patience. Atleast this will give me something to look forward to instead of just growing old and working my life away !!! Again, thanks for posting !!!
  25. Last week
  26. Randal Johnson

Now that I’ve had a few days to listen to my system with the tweeters in their new location, I am Really impressed !!! The only thing that changed (that I can personally tell) is my stage width went out to my mirrors !!! With minor changes in the Helix, I really don’t see a need to upgrade to a midrange driver.
  27. ///M5

Even with crazy venting 5's are HUGE on that dash. My original plan with my Escalade was a pair of 3's up high with 8's in the doors and no tweeter. Do realize, I set my car up solely for me and could care less about competition. I also listen nearly exclusively to live recordings and/or musicians that fundamentally play live even when they record. Being a guitarist and bass player accurate reproduction is paramount to me and I will forego coloration even if it would be judged higher. That all being said, the dash on my truck and aiming made me feel like it wasn't worth the battle. Have to say I spent a lot more time with my Silverado experimenting and it naturally soured my expectations here so diligence wasn't as good. I also had children by this point while when I had my other cars that was not the case...outside of the ML63 which I left stock as it was leased and warrantied...so I could drive it like I stole it everyday. I draw no conclusions for you. My problem with your truck (or mine) though is that I don't think a dash install is ideal, personally I am also not a fan of kicks (realize I am 6'7" if I were 5'8" then space considerations would be way easier), which doesn't leave many options in the truck. Not trying to be discouraging, but hey it's car audio everything is a compromise. That being said, if I were in your shoes and really felt like getting the mid up is ideal I would a single driver that can play as much of the audio spectrum as possible. Most likely that would be a 3 or 4 sealed on axis, but chosen specifically for it's FR. The challenge there is the dash hump and keeping the driver low. Based on the space in mine I am not sure I can even see a 4 fitting. I expect you will stretch that the other way though and deal with less of a direct response and compensate with other drivers for not being able to get the mid positioned right. Personally I wouldn't. Of course that means you won't be running a Blues mid if you choose my route as it would be self defeating. Either way. Throw out all bias's, competition desires, and instead truly focus on what is important to you. What do you need your stereo to do for you. Then build it to do that. Just don't cheat yourself into compromising because you have something. That to me is the biggest mistake I have made over and over and over in my life. Of course to compensate a while back I just bought one of everything which I realize everyone doesn't have the budget to do. For me, I didn't have the time not to. Once you truly nail that desire down things will be easier to decide.
  28. Randal Johnson

I don’t either. Thanks for posting brother. Not necessarily for the air space, but for the actual bulky-ness of the driver. I could vent through the dash and out to the inner fire wall where the water drains are to get air space if need be, just too much work for what I’m trying to accomplish. If I do add a midrange driver, it will most likely be a 4” driver. If I remember correctly, you have a vehicle similar. I’m all open for suggestions.
  1. Load more activity