All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

No floats. Super simple systems. Started doing this on mountain bikes and relayed it to snowmobiles when I tried to do it the conventional way and it wouldn't bleed. The MC is so small it doesn't pump enough fluid to move the air. Not really possible to bleed them the normal way. Realize it may never be super clean, but am not concerned. Most people never flush theirs ever. Mine get completely flushed (I extend the lines so I drain them completely to deal with my higher bars) and then from that point on out I just pump a little fresh fluid in to make sure that the fluid is in good condition. When it is darker than new I pump it up until I only see new and call it a day. Is it a perfect method? Nope...but for what I am working on it works. New cars are a bitch. My Wilwoods bleed like shit. I blame the anti-lock nonsense. You will get a firm pedal and then bleed another and it all goes to hell. Never gets how you want it. I used the stupid Snapon tool to do it as well which fundamentally just dumped 4 qts of brake fluid into the receptacle and didn't get it all bled right.
  4. Aaron Clinton

For those that havnt heard

No not a member here.
  5. Tirefryr

Who is this? Are they a member here?
  6. Tirefryr

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Do they have floats and chambers in the MCs? If so, you can never get all the old fluid and debris out. This is the case with most modern automotive MCs. I'm guessing the one's on the powersports are different given they are not power assist and relatively compact. Even then, there's no guarantee you're getting it as clean as you would if you were using good old gravity to assist.
  7. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I bleed my sleds/bikes/wheeler differently. Pump the fluid up from the caliper to the master cylinder. Find it easiest to flush that way. Push up and suck out until clean. Amusingly I get to tomorrow perhaps as my brake lines aren't even on the Honda right now and I have some new stainless ones sitting on the work bench. Neighbor brought me a rum at the beach....shut my night off.
  8. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Except no tours in nashville anymore though, no?
  9. Yesterday
  10. Randal Johnson

RIP Coleman. thanks for posting
  11. Travis

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mcnuttfuneralhome.com%2Fobituaries%2FColeman-Bartlett-Thedinger%3FobId%3D6426385&h=AT0jVWcf0d2Q4-0hLT1TlLLSUd7fOcOx3mDk3xojH1SjG--DzncU8wTXkAhySf-JzFnSkojRVKwNLLs47Mhhk-qNYV-HCNCKsf-2n5InQn9zc2F2_e4zYpk11T9ejDihfAj7yL8c7G_aHbZ59y1jJJ1aCwgdROgSkdZKdA
  12. Last week
  13. Tirefryr

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

If you're stuck by yourself I can tell you how to do that too.
  14. Mark LaFountain

Applications

welcome to SSA!!
  15. dem beats

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Congrats on another trip around the local star and I hope you never have textured urine again. :-D
  16. Randal Johnson

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport/Limited

Looks like they will be nice and stealthy.
  17. MKader17

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Probably working on a friend's vehicle today. Searched back to find this advice. Will try it out today!
  18. jcarter1885

Introduction to Audio Nirvana

and Im tuned in
  19. jcarter1885

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport/Limited

Love these Mechman fuse holders from the SSA Store, they very inexpensive but definitely high quality with some weight too them. And here I was about to buy some $30 Rockford Fosgate fuse holders. I havent installed them yet but I love them already.
  20. nem

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Loving the mustang updates Jared.
  21. nem

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Thanks guys. Went through some kidney testing and another KUB yesterday. Currently my kidney function is back to normal and the KUB shows no hidden kidney stones. Hopefully all is back to normal.
  22. Godsmack

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Happy cake day Neal!!!
  23. Godsmack

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I know, Nashville. I just tend to confuse the two as there are rumors of things being moved around more etc. Either way the point is the same. J
  24. Second Skin

Welcome to the Owner's Manual

Welcome to "The Owner's Manual" Second Skin's newest resource for all things sound and heat. Helpful articles, slideshows, and how-to (DIY) instructions will be released over the future weeks, months, and years to help consumers make better choices with their build budgets to get the right products the first time. Check it out, give us some feedback, and let us know what you would like to see articles on in the future!!! Thanks for following Second Skin's journey over the past 19 years, we appreciate each and every one of you. #TeamSecondSkin CONSTRAINED-LAYER DAMPING #SecondSkinInsulation #SecondSkinAudio #AmericanMadeSoundDeadening #SoundProofing #SoundProof #CarAudio #SecondSkinForTheWin #AutomotiveRestoration
  25. dem beats

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

HBD Neal!!!!
  26. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Staying in downtown Fargo tonight. Feels weird to be "home"
  27. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

HBD Indeed!
  28. ///M5

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche

RTA and cheap mic is complete meh