5. Dnewell2004

The Family Friendly Rango

6. Dnewell2004

7. Dnewell2004

8. Dnewell2004

So after the comp I decided to rebuild. I talked to a buddy of mine who is huge into it right now. He said I needed to go sub up and aero port back or side. If I went back I'd still be choking the port out. I also wanted to add a battery. So here's where I had to brain storm. There wasn't anywhere to put a second battery in the back so I decided to notch the box. The issue there was I took some air space away. So I moved my amp location and made the box deeper. This is the final product at this moment. I say that because I'm getting ready to order some Incriminator amps so the rack is gonna change.
  9. Dnewell2004

Let me first start by saying I have mad respect for walls or laying down seats you don't need for more room. But for me I like the challenge of keeping my room, always have. I have a wife and 4 kids that still ride with me in a daily basis. I've always liked it loud but you also got to be able to hear the words clearly. So with this build I wanted to compete, not to win just for fun, and keep all of my seating. I bought an American Bass XFL 15 when I had my van and still had my 12-15 year old Diamond Audio Amps. When I got the Durango I built a sub back port back box and fastened the amps to the back of the seat. It was basic clean looking even though I never finished the amp rack. And my kicks didn't turn out horrible for my first set. But as you can see I was choking out the port and the sub was super close to the hatch. Fast forward after a trip to Slamology in 2019 I got the itch. I completed 1 time. Placed 3rd but only clamped like 500w. Wasn't good enough...to be continued.
  10. dem beats

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

For the record, I'm only out for a "deal" like 95% of the time so I've calmed down quite a bit. Fucking depression era catholic guilt immigrant mindset.
  11. dem beats

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

When I want a deal I say one of two things. "This is exctly what I need, I honestly expected to pay less, is there ANY room to move so I can PayPal you/come get and pay you ASAP?" Or "I really want this item, but I always try to get a deal, is there anything worth trading that might benefit us both?" I seem to be really good at choosing which one to use on who. If I cannot get any rapport I'm usually too nervous about the situation. lmao
  12. Yesterday
  13. Tirefryr

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I do that as well.
  14. Godsmack

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

You're a rarity there. I typically try and tell someone where my mind is when I contact. If I look at it and say "eh he's about 30 over what I want to pay' I message them and ask if that price is good with them. Nothing worse than wasting my time or the seller's. J
  15. Godsmack

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

IMO take what you really want to get, and add 20% to the price. Give ya room for them to try and drive it down. J
  16. dem beats

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Portable. Should have mentioned that! I'll edit, thanks. Also, thanks for the rec!
  17. Second Skin

stevemeade

The best response I have seen in a forum in years...keep up the great work.
  18. Tirefryr

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Stationary, I prefer Grizzly. Portable, I've only used Porter cable and Bosch. I LOVE Bosch power tools.
  19. dem beats

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Hey gentlemen, what's your favorite belt sander...... I need one but I'm looking for one for the FIL. Portable for both. He will finish wood mostly. If I could find it I would take a motor from a table top prograde and pop a handle and trigger on that bitch. Heavy? Good. Idiots cant pick it up, and I dont have to bolt it down as hard as my grandpa's old one in his jig. Someone needs to unabashedly make power tools for ogre mutations like me. We have money. We want it. Grandpa had it kinda. Why are we more suck? /rant :american flag fading into the background:
  20. dem beats

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Oooooohweeeee I have been feet up almost all week. The way my brain has to deal with the inflammation from the old meds being long gone and the new ones take a long time to kick in is wild. Hunter S Thompson would bail on this ride from the acceleration alone. LMAO
  21. Last week
  22. jcarter1885

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport/Limited

Mood Lighting
  23. jcarter1885

Front battery came stock with an AGM but it was approaching 6 years old abd getting low. Finally got around to upgrading it. NorthStar 94R
  24. jcarter1885

Or Rear Battery Position #2. It goes back in the cubby another 1" - 1.5". Excuse the clutter
  25. jcarter1885

Rear Battery Position #1 Excuse the clutter.
  26. nigel

What's up

Welcome. And we all love pics.
  27. jcarter1885

What's up

We are here to help so ask as many questions as needed. Cant wait to see the build log man.
  28. Dnewell2004

How did you guys find SSA???

Incriminator Audio and Audio Legion's website
  29. Dnewell2004

What's up

What's fellow audiophiles. New from southeast Ohio. Been in the game mildly since 1998. Had kids drifted away came back and was like wtf happened. Fosgate, MTX, JL and Kicker no longer run the landscape. Still learning about these newer (to me) brands. Put an AB XFL 15 in my Durango on my 15 year old Diamond Audio Amps. I'll post the install later if there a sub for it. I went to Slamology last year and got the itch to go bigger so here I am. Hope I don't ask too many questions and am able to help out where I can.
  1. Load more activity