Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

SD-1 v.2 10" Pre-Order OPEN

Pre-Orders for the SD-1 v.2 are open now. I expect to have them before the end of the year.

The pre-order will go on until December 14th (extended from the 7th).

DESCRIPTION:

These subs will throw down in very small enclosures and will now handle much more power than the original SD-1. Ideal for shallow truck enclosures! They utilize a single 6" diameter magnet slug to achieve the necessary flux. Behind the cone you will find a progressive roll spider and a special treatment applied to the back of surround and upper lip of the cone to get more stability from the surround and to bring the Mms to where it needed to be. The leads are offset out to the sides and slightly raised to eliminate the possibility for slapping and the motor itself has quite a bit of clearance for the coil thanks to a deeply bumped back plate.

These are serious SQ subs in a very shallow and efficient package. Made the in the USA to the highest possible standards to last for many years to come. They come with our 2-year standard limited warranty against defects. They also carry our 5-year discounted replacement policy -- should you be at fault for damage to your speaker you can purchase a new one at a discount if you send back the damaged one.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Dual 4-ohm impedance

2.5" diameter voice coil

Kapton voice coil former

400-watts RMS rated power

12mm linear excursion one-way

4.5" mounting depth

Narrow profile foam surround for low Mms and maximum cone area

High quality polypropylene cone and dust cap

MADE IN USA

Qes = 0.437

Qms = 4.545

Qts = 0.399

Fs = 28.77 Hz

VAS = 56.92 L

Mms = 88 grams

Cms = 337 uM/N

RE = 7.31 ohms (series)

BL = 16.55 N/A (series)

Le = 2.13 mH (series)

PICTURES:

Logo_Dust_Cap.jpg

Motor_Shot.jpg

SUGGESTED ENCLOSURES:

SEALED = 0.95 ft^3 with no poly-fill stuffing at all and as small as 0.5 ft^3 with heavy poly-fill stuffing (1 pound per sub). Anywhere in between with varying levels of poly-fill stuffing works great. You will get an F3 around 52 - 55 Hz in that range.

PORTED = 1.75 ft^3 tuned to 30 Hz for a smooth response down to a 30 Hz F3. A smaller 1.25 - 1.50 ft^3 tuned to 35 Hz can be used for a "peakier" response if that is desirable for the listener.

Do they really come with a blue basket :D

They do, I'm going to move it to black later on. For this run it would have pushed me back two months to get black ones. I figured 99% of people will run them in the box so it doesn't matter :)

Well, Jake. Money sent. I hope these work as well as they model. :drink40:fing05.gif

They will, they sound great :) I'm putting two in my Civic as soon as they come in to replace my original SD-1s.

The blue basket reminds me of my old Soundstream Reference 10's......I miss those :(

I was just thinking the same thing :) just didn't wanna compare :) but they look nice, the old school look/dustcap is sweet...

Looks nice, how many preorders you up to Jacob?

Just a few so far :) I only posted it yesterday, after all.

Just checking :), You will have an email sometime today, with payment for 4 SD-1 V1's. Can you say 8 SD-1 v1 10's on a SAZ-1500D? :)

Just checking :), You will have an email sometime today, with payment for 4 SD-1 V1's. Can you say 8 SD-1 v1 10's on a SAZ-1500D? :)

That will be very very nice. My pair of original SD-1s on a 100.2 sounds great... can't wait to install two of these SD-1 v.2s on a 1000D!

Spec out nice.

wonder how 4 of these would work on that amp i got in today :)

Four of these would be sweet in any setup!

Which amp ?

Oh my god those are so cute I could just EAT EM...wait what...

Once you buy them you are free to do whatever you want with them :drink40:

Once you buy them you are free to do whatever you want with them :drink40:

Glad to see these things are moving forward, mine are still sounding great! They seemed to have broken in even farther since OTIV.

My amp does 450-500 at 4 ohm, or 900 at 1 ohm. Will there be any real advantage to wiring 1 over 4? Will I even get a substantial increase in output, or have I reached compression before that point? Or, are you all going to tell me to try it and post my findings ;)

did some calculations in stuffing for my application to save room. if you want to use a 1.4 cubic ft box for a pair and still retain the .707

based off this test

http://web.archive.org/web/20020808224043/...rces/fiberfill/

for some reason i had a hard time calculating but this is what i came up with . lmk if you see any errors:

.707qtc for a pair = 1.9 cubic ft

Starting enclosure size = 1.4 cubic ft

28oz = 1.75 lb for every cubic ft

2.8oz for every 0.1 cubic ft

39.2oz/2.45lb for 1.4 cubic ft

effective size = 1.9 cubic ft = .707 qtc!

now all i need is a scale to measure that o_O anyways if you wanna save 0.5 cubic ft of space there you go :)

i think this stuff is fine to use:

http://www.wards5and10.com/fa12ozpo10pr.html

My amp does 450-500 at 4 ohm, or 900 at 1 ohm. Will there be any real advantage to wiring 1 over 4? Will I even get a substantial increase in output, or have I reached compression before that point? Or, are you all going to tell me to try it and post my findings ;)

You will gain a small amount of output stepping up to 900 watts @ 1 ohm. I've heard many setups with the originals with 400 watts and they sound great, these will perform just as well on low power. Of course, in such small enclosures as they will generally be used in the extra power will help to get them moving even more when needed for bass-head moments and they won't really have a problem with it thermally :)

wonder how 4 of these would work on that amp i got in today :)

Four of these would be sweet in any setup!

Which amp ?

You should know what amp you shipped it :P

Sign in to follow this