hunter86

sad sad day...question about replacing slugg on 05 xxx

well thanks to my homies at ups for dropping my 05 xxx. 15. the bottom mag slug has been split all the way around and then shifted over to lock up the vc. sobasically the sub is fudgeed. well i was wondering if you guys can replace the slug, but also take the top assy off in one piece.(the xxx dc is almost priceless)

well thanks to my homies at ups for dropping my 05 xxx. 15. the bottom mag slug has been split all the way around and then shifted over to lock up the vc. sobasically the sub is fudgeed. well i was wondering if you guys can replace the slug, but also take the top assy off in one piece.(the xxx dc is almost priceless)

RE still has the Dustcaps and they can be had for 10 bucks plus the shipping, but ive seen Fi fix the sluggs for people so you shoul be in good shape

RE still has the Dustcaps and they can be had for 10 bucks plus the shipping, but ive seen Fi fix the sluggs for people so you shoul be in good shape

cool well i hope he insured it. im not happy

xxx1.jpg

xxx3.jpg

xxx4.jpg

xxx2.jpg

Edited by hunter w

what sucks about the insurance is it only covers if they loose the package. unless you have them package it for you, then it covers damage to the product...

i hope thats notthe case. i need this moofa! for the wife lol

what sucks about the insurance is it only covers if they loose the package. unless you have them package it for you, then it covers damage to the product...

wrong they insprct it no matter who packaged it, i jsut had a demolished XXX replaced that the shipper packaged himself

yeah i had a problem UPs raped my goliath one time... thay inspected the package to see if it was correct... from what i was told it must have a min of 2 inches of full padding ALL around the item..... take it was you will... when my BL's were shipped thay were shipped perfectly. the boxes looked brand new!

It can be rebuilt...not totally sure what Scott charges for that, as i've never quoted a price for one before...

We can do it after SBN.

Thanks!

-Nick

cool. it turns out that ups took it out of its original crate, changed the trackingnumber and everything and then shipped it. wow that should be a crime. tampering with mail?

i worked for ups for years... it is legal IF. the box has broken open. or is distroyed. thay can repack it and send it on its way. infact it was my job for about 3 months.

Ouch, good luck.

UPS guys must be playing Insane Hacky Sack games with our packages now. Hate to hear your sub was screwed up, A Holes dropped and punched a hole in my brand new Powermaster D3100 battery last week. Killin Me. UPS TIGHTN UP!

i think its there form of entertainment lol "hey how far can you throw this here box?

"oh yea....i bet you can't run that truck over 10 of these boxes!"

you have to understand the prosses that boxs follow when thay are shipped,... depending on how far thay are shipped say just from NY to texas it can be put on as many as 9 trucks... that mean loaded and un loaded.... also seeing as much as 2 miles of convaer belts and slides at each HUB. witch is the reload spots. jams dams in belts do more damage then the people handling the box....

o yeah i dare you to play hacky sack with XXX lol that would be nice, broken ankels.

lol. i was thinking more of the scene from braveheart where that dude throws the boulder lol.

you guys avaiable to give me a quote on the broken slug? thanks! :drink40:

it's a sad sight to see when XXX's are handicapped. :(

yeah its just a xx now. i have to get a legit quote for ups so i can get her fixed

That sucks...I have two similar bad stories with UPS.

First, the UPS driver put my old XXX in my backyard. Never left a note on my front door so my sprinkler system soaked it for 3 days. I walked in my backyard and saw the box. Said, what the hell is this? Tried to pick it up and the sub fell out of the bottom since the box was soggy.

Second, I received my XXX and the box/crate looked like they were trying to kick field goals with it. Four sides of the crate were busted. Luckily they only bent the side of the basket, the motor was fine.