sundownz

5000-watt Amp Thread

Here is the deal...

5000-watt amplifier (SAZ-5000D)

Factory rated specifications:

~4000 @ 13 volts

~5000 @ 14 volts

~7000 @ 18 volts

As with the 3000D these are quite likely conservative at the lower voltages as we have found that the 3000Ds produce 3000 watts down to very low voltages.

---

$1200 pre-order pricing ($2199 MSRP)

6 month standard warranty *

2 year discounted replacement warranty **

* - Not warrantied for 1/2 ohm operation - this is a given but I want to spell it out just in case.

** - Meaning if you blow it up you will get a replacement at a discount after sending in the blown amp - but it will not be a free replacement / repair like the standard warranty. Discounted replacement cost is $400 flat rate in the continental 48 states (plus shipping otherwise).

---

Why the shortened warranty? If the amp works for 6 months it's pretty well not a manufacturing problem - it comes down to abuse, misuse, or poor installation. Anyone buying a 5k amp is probably going to push it to the edge, use it for competition, etc.

If you are 100% interested then reply to this thread with your real name, e-mail, and how many you want. Team Sundown members remember to contact me about the Team price. Posts NOT related to being interested in being on the list will be deleted.

Once I get a list together of 40 people I'll start taking deposits of $250 that will not be refundable unless the pre-order is canceled (you can't just change your mind).

Once all 40 deposits are collected to cement the list in place then the balance of $950 is due, there will be a date by which the remaining balance is due - so be sure you will have the money available before signing on and giving the deposit. I suggest having ALL of the money available before signing up for the deposit so you KNOW you won't miss the due date.

The amps will take about 60-90 days to be produced after all funds are collected. Afterwards there will be more in regular stock but the pre-order price will no longer be available.

LIST THREAD RUNS UNTIL END OF MAY - If the list is not filled the project is canceled for now. Any deposits made will be refunded.

For discussions related to the 5k amp and not pertaining to getting on the list, post here:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=16801

---

LIST:

NAME - DEPOSIT ***

1) Jared Lawson - X

2) Lawrence West - X

3) Lawrence West - X

4) Josh Gardiner - X

5) Eric Reed - X

6) Juan Macedo - X

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

21)

22)

23)

24)

25)

26)

27)

28)

29)

30)

31)

32)

33)

34)

35)

36)

37)

38)

39)

40)

*** - X = deposit not made, Y = deposit made

A few takers so far. Remember, if the list is not full by the end of May this won't be happening for 2008.

u mean i can get a 5-7kwt sundown amp for $1200 :eek5wavey:

Yes sir! May is closing in and before we know it the end will be here ... if you're thinkin' about this, don't think too long just take out your wallet and you'll feel good about it in the morning :neil:

I am considering canning this idea early due to lack of interest - despite all the votes very few are coming forward. If nobody speaks up I'll go ahead and end this.

Alright. Well, there is no way this will fill by months end.

Project canceled for 2008.