95Honda

Ever wonder what clipping really does??

I remember that test - awesome for trying to explain to people that as long as you do not go beyond the thermal or mechanical limits of the driver, clipping does not blow them.

That link does not work for me. . .

bad link here too.

how does the source/head unit send a clipped signal, or how do you prevent it from sending a clipped signal

Clipping will happen when you overdrive the output on a source unit. A rule of thumb I've heard is 80% of the volume potential but the only way to tell for sure would be to use an oscope and see for sure.

Clipping will happen when you overdrive the output on a source unit. A rule of thumb I've heard is 80% of the volume potential but the only way to tell for sure would be to use an oscope and see for sure.

I've always been told 3/4 is the maximum you want to go.

Thanks for the information, i've always knew that it was true, but now when i have someone try to refute my evidence, now i'll be able to give them this.

Thanks!

I was not getting all my hu had to give. Use to run it at 45 of 60. Got an oscope and checked hu output and no clipping until 54 of 60. A picture is worth a thousand words. Amazing to see 1 level up and the wave goes square.