sundownz

Deadener Coming to the Jeep

I hate deadening but it should pay off :)

Going to have to pull out pretty much everything to get all the plastic panels off.

Those sure are some beefy looking subs. The motors make those 15s look like 12s.

Indeed :) Getting them in and out of the box sucks too! *laughs*

Good luck!!

I need to do the WHOLE truck. :(

oh boy i want those subs bad!!

lemme ask you jacob.. why did you pick the jeep to be your SPL truck after the white one?

was it cause you already had it? or because of its shape?

i ask because i have been shopping for a bronco 2... but i have found a jeep like yours for like 800 bucks. and i really want an SPL only truck...

thanks fo ryour help...

i hate laying mat down.. i cut my self pretty good one time.. becareful...

one last thing.. did i miss what kind of mat your using and how much?

diggin the dual colored seats :) lol

have fun.. I hate deadening as well.. nothing like having "tar" everywhere...

those are 15"s! wow, i thought they were 12"s.. lol

when i deadened my vehicle, i ended up with 11 small cuts all over my hands :( not the easiest thing to do imo..

Bigjon,

I got this Jeep because I traded audio equipment for it :) It just turned out to work great for SPL.

I am using Second Skin Damplifier - the best deadener there is, IMO - not sure how much yet... I have a bulk pack but I'll probably order more.

If you need any help with it man ill be free tomorrow morning.

Bigjon,

I got this Jeep because I traded audio equipment for it :) It just turned out to work great for SPL.

I am using Second Skin Damplifier - the best deadener there is, IMO - not sure how much yet... I have a bulk pack but I'll probably order more.

LOL

I wonder who that was. :coolugh:

Bigjon,

LOL

I dunno... but I heard he is into chickens these days. :gift:

Deadening has to be the most tedious task of an install! Good luck!

I hate deadening but it should pay off :)

Going to have to pull out pretty much everything to get all the plastic panels off.

It's rather easy to take the plastics off. I can almost do it blindfolded :lol:

Tuned in on this. Post lots of pics!

I am mainly just annoyed that I have to take out so much of the system to get the panels out *laughs*

strangely i didn't gain anything when i deadened my vehicle.. identical system was used both before and after and my score at the time remained the same.. not even a 0.1 difference was seen..

but it was well worth it as the massive flexing i get was significantly reduced.. and i hardly hear rain hitting the roof! nice and quiet..

i used one bulk pack of the damplifier and was able to put 2 layers throughout my Grand Vitara.. no deadening on the floor though..

Jacob you probably don't remember me but I'm Quentin Jarrell. My booth was right next to you at Nopi Nationals in 06. I had the black tacoma with all the speakers under it. Here's a pic of your booth looking through my demo vehicle.

inside.jpg

Bigjon,

LOL

I dunno... but I heard he is into chickens these days. :gift:

Game chickens. Get it right.

Jacob you probably don't remember me but I'm Quentin Jarrell. My booth was right next to you at Nopi Nationals in 06. I had the black tacoma with all the speakers under it. Here's a pic of your booth looking through my demo vehicle.

Did you guys have the speakers under the car ?

yep, Sub-Marine undercarriage enclosures. That one had 48 6.5s under it

yep, Sub-Marine undercarriage enclosures. That one had 48 6.5s under it

Yep - I remember you guys :)

strangely i didn't gain anything when i deadened my vehicle.. identical system was used both before and after and my score at the time remained the same.. not even a 0.1 difference was seen..

but it was well worth it as the massive flexing i get was significantly reduced.. and i hardly hear rain hitting the roof! nice and quiet..

i used one bulk pack of the damplifier and was able to put 2 layers throughout my Grand Vitara.. no deadening on the floor though..

The purpose of deadening is not to increase your score, it may even hurt it. Panel resonances can add to your score if your vehicle happens to be tuned right.

The purpose of deadening is not to increase your score, it may even hurt it. Panel resonances can add to your score if your vehicle happens to be tuned right.

There are a lot of Db Drag guys that swear by it and say it'll add 1-2db. I've never personally believed in deadening myself but it's come that time to test it out.