I talked with my uncles (the owner of USamps) wifey last night, the operation is a husband and wife thing, and I found out my uncle REALLY DOES own USAMPS, 100% sure of it. And the cool thing is, the guy wants to meet me! I told him that i had some ideas about how to get his company's name out into the public, and he wants to talk to me about them! I am soo happy!!! I

Who designed the internals?

Birthsheets provided or no?

Is he all about authorized online dealers or no online sales or have one or two online dealers (like ID, etc)?

I think he needs a rep in Canada willing to work for damn close to free ;)

I have a few questions...

Do you plan to sell to the internet market or the retail market? Which ever he sais ask him why.

Customer servise...?

Quality > or = past models?

What is your ideal customer? Age, region, repeat consumer, competitors

1 year goal for the company?

I know you just bought the company not too long ago, but is there some R&D going on to improve the product?

Last one...what made you decide to buy US Amps out of all the companies out there?

oooh good questions... better than ca.com, "GROUP BUY!!" "FREE STUFF!!"

I think he needs a rep in [indiana] willing to work for damn close to free [products] ;)

:+1:

oh what do you wanna know about the customer service jntar?

Group Buy to make money???

Not much to really add other than what's been said.

How are the new products relative to the old.

And online sales and/or direct sales (a la Resonant Engineering) for those not near an authorized B&M dealer.

oh what do you wanna know about the customer service jntar?

Customer servise aka soundsplinter or SI... just talk to him and get feedback from him on how he feels on the subject. Smaller companies usually have excellent customer servise. Since the company is now under new ownership I hope that the customer servise would be up to par with SS and SI.

I think he needs a rep in [indiana] willing to work for damn close to free [products] ;)

Indiana is :greddy2:

I would love to be a rep here in Texas, but I doubt that would happen anythime soon.

Customer service and quality products. SS and SI's business plans seem to work well, keeping costs down by not having a large company structure (i.e. dealer network), but still providing excellent customer service. I'm interested in how this works out.

Indiana is :greddy2:

That's why you stick around :D

:ohsnap:

:+1: but in Upstate NY as well as over the internet... I know that the three of us sounds cheesy offering ourselves up, but In reality, what better way is there to get the products out on the 'net market'? Granted, the internet is probably a 5% slice of the general demographic... but where do most companies (Car Audio and the like) start out? Look at RE & Kicker for two examples. Now, look at how 'mainstream' kicker is. Just for an example... ... for a better example, look at Stereo Integrity.

Where are the boards built?

Why did he buy this company? as in is there a plan to grow it in the next 2-5 years, or simply clean it up and sell it for more?

Competition. SQ shows & SPL shows. These are the second largest trophy for this kind of company (behind getting picked up by the corporate chains). We don't need to know specifics about the equipment obviously... but more along the lines of is he going to focus on a line of SQ or SPL oriented models; thereby trying to climb to the top of those industries -or- simply supply 'better then average' car audio equip.

Any plans on approaching the in home audio market?

Any plans on authorzed dealer? Internet or brick & mortor.

More specifically, is the plan going to be get mainstream attn (Circuit City, Best Buy, Pep Boys) -or- to be a revered "internet brand" such as Kicker, Adire, Team Rockford, etc (the brands that You may find in upscale car audio independants, but are much more prevelant in the sub-culture of the internet & competitor circles).

Marketing.... there is not much paper & ink marketing out there for an amplifier co. unless he is going to take on a new idea and approach auto performance mags & sport compact type mags. THere is almost NO radio or televised marketing ground. Simply put: internet, word of mouth, and dealers are the key to marketing this type of equipment.

I'm going to stop now, before I compose a 12 page paper.

Keep us informed... :)

oh, and You should know that You wont get the "get us free stuff!" repsonses over here.... ;)

-Nick

That's why you stick around :D

:ohsnap:

I'm trying to :sonic: , but :poop: always happens. :Doh:

where does your uncle live? where's the new USamps located?

lol these are my personal questions to you.

Will he let you bring any to the meet for show purposes ?

Preferably the high wattage ones ;)

A local shop around here carries USAmps, I was REALLY surprised.

I'm gonna watch this thread, hope to see some good answers... ;)

NG

oh gosh haha thast alot of readin to do... okay im gonna put this all on one big paper, and ask him all the q's whew more than i expected, but keep them comin! :D

JAZN: i dunno where he lives, but the new usamps factory place is in baldwin park. 15 min from my house!! :D

Supa: ill see what i can do im just getting over a death in da fam rite now ;)

flakko, you should see if you can get a factory tour set up for the west coast meet :)

sorry about your loss though :(

ehh? i thought i posted owell.

great idea acid, ill see what i can do... im putting all your ideas together

and thanx acid...

JAZN: i dunno where he lives, but the new usamps factory place is in baldwin park. 15 min from my house!! :D

Supa: ill see what i can do im just getting over a death in da fam rite now ;)

O.K

Family is more important as we all know

heres a good question.....being that usamps is a amp company..does he plan on producing subs in the future?