flakko

*OFFICIAL USAMPS* News thread

www.usamps.com for more info and dealer location

Hey all, I got back from the USAMPS factory today and met the owner, Mr. Daniel Kim (my uncle), the Sales director, Mr. Jeff Coleman (some of you probably know of him), and the head engineer (CO-started USAMPS and designs all of the boards.) Mr. Dirk Ecker.

But umm okay first off I wanted to say that these amps are AMAZING. I ain

I've always liked the symmetry of US Amps boards, simple and not clustered/squeezed together looking. Can't wait for the rest of the interview.

Did your uncle let you take any samples of that sexy :wub: sexy 1000X? WAY too cool dude.bbbbbbbbbbbb

thats awesome, the 1000 would be perfect to power my RL-p

That's awesome - those boards look so well laid out.

I still want to borrow a VLX-400

will you (not us) be able to get one of thoes at material and labor cost? i mean your uncle wont gain or loose any money and its family...if so you should so hook yourself up...

Just to add some thoughts.....

US Amps has fantastic customer service. They were very helpful a year and a half ago when I bought my first amp from them (5600X) and were extremely helpful today when I had questions about an older amp I picked up off eBay (USA-442.)

I spoke directly to Jeff Coleman who gave me a lot of info and insight into my amp directly and about the company in general. He was very friendly and forthcoming..... easy guy to talk to and super helpful. To make a long story short, he went out of his way to make sure that I had full knowledge of how to operate the complicated onboard crossover network on the 442. He dug up and faxed me a grid of the 16 switch positions and functions of each and different switch combinations, etc.

And then customer service found an original owner's manual for the 442 so they're sending that to me.

Awesome!!! :woot:

Just to add some thoughts.....

US Amps has fantastic customer service.  They were very helpful a year and a half ago when I bought my first amp from them (5600X) and were extremely helpful today when I had questions about an older amp I picked up off eBay (USA-442.)

I spoke directly to Jeff Coleman who gave me a lot of info and insight into my amp directly and about the company in general.  He was very friendly and forthcoming..... easy guy to talk to and super helpful.  To make a long story short, he went out of his way to make sure that I had full knowledge of how to operate the complicated onboard crossover network on the 442.  He dug up and faxed me a grid of the 16 switch positions and functions of each and different switch combinations, etc.

And then customer service found an original owner's manual for the 442 so they're sending that to me.

Awesome!!!  :woot:

thast great!! glad to know that!

well i proposed a group buy, and im waiting on it.

*UPDATE!!*

Authorized B&M Dealers or Online?

The main focus is definitely brick and mortar dealers. However, Mr. Coleman said that they cannot turn their backs on the internet, it is here to stay. This isn

those amps looks so badass

x2.

And thank you for taking the time to post the questions/answers and for asking your Uncle in the first place. It's really nice of a 'larger' company to be able to do that. Be sure to thank him for us!

:+1:

All kidding aside about free product, what a cool resource. Thank you and please be sure to thank your uncle.

wow hehe thanks for all the kind replys. :) ill keep you posted on some more stuff okay?

Sounds good. I can't remember but this was an uncle that you're not very close with isnt it?

nice job flakko, love the 2000x, one of my favorites for sure

Sounds good.  I can't remember but this was an uncle that you're not very close with isnt it?

umm yea hehe i dint even know he existed until a few weeks ago. and dint meet him until this last monday.

okay update!!! sorry its late:

Which amplifiers do you feel you are competing with directly?

the Hifonics XX one (Collosus??)

THat 6000 dollar JBL amp

and one more i dont understand my writing hehe

As a manufacturer how do you help the retailers sell more dollars per invoice?

They plan to do speakers later on, but they will purchase them (ala Soundsplinter)

Have you considered partnering up with other brands, organizations, retailers for cooperative advertising or sales promotions?

No co-branding. It is a thing of the past. If they co promoted with another brand, they will eventually be helping thier competitor (ex: the JL, MB Quart, PPI, and Streetwires coalition in the 90's)

and some more pix:

chassis2gc.jpg

the AX line. pic looks proffestional huh?

1000x7pr.jpg

the beautiful 1000x

umm yea... more to come i guess?

I do like how they look ... that's for sure.

i think those AXs are supposed to be silver, not gold like the pic looks