flakko

An Answer to RE's price hikes:

i just recieved a reply to the email i sent JR about the rediculous prices:

Hello,

I see there is lots of confusion about RE pricing. It is simple. Since last

RE price release, material, especially metal, has gone up by over 38%.

Eventually pricing must go up, but at the moment prices have not gone up to

RE dealers. Moreover, new tooling that allows for higher excursion on new MX

and XXX must be amortized into these new products, making these two series

prices go up.

The only change is that RE audio is not selling direct and they are now

quoting consumer's full retail price on the phone and e-mail and not direct

pricing. Once again, pricing to dealers has not changed! Just like RE would

ship consumer's woofers, so can the RE dealers.

JR

that should answer yalls questions

RE just lost a LOT of business. I guearontee you that. No matter the cost of metal, they shouldnt be quoteing calls more than what they can get the driver for at the dealer. Thankfully if i ever want a new RE driver i can make a call down to shawn and see what i can work out with him. I will NOT be buying from RE ever agian over the phone if they keep this BS up. Incriminator, SoundSplinter, Ascendant, etc can and will hold me over. :)

my two pennies.

Also, This seems to be USamps ideas. Im not saying it is. But if it isnt USamps should clear that up. :)

anty another edit.

1600 for a driver is assanine. I dont care if it can move 4" or not. the w7 is way overpriced and i can buy two for the price of one XXX and have the same displacemnt capeability without the super inefficency.

Eh, the consumer always loses when there are buyouts. RE just wants to be the next JL and their prices will reflect that.

I dont think RE wants to be the next JL. I think the majority share holder does and with the quality of his/her amps and subs, they are...and as you said, price will reflect that.

The new majority shareholder has chosen to support RE's dealer network instead of selling direct... get used to it. What RE did wasn't very common at all, and a slap in the face of their dealers anyways. Nobody that wants a strong dealer network is going to undercut their own chain of supply.

Generally, Consumer > Dealer ;)

The price of metal increase will not increase the price of a driver that much, and if the focus is on the new MX and the XXX models.

Why are the SE, SX and RE, which are unchanged going up in price also?

This was gone about all wrong, it alienated the customer base that put them where they are, even with a new dealer network, the only people who are going to know what RE products are the above mentioned customers, people who are going to walk into a dealer and see a company that they have never heard of with very high prices are not going to buy them.

They way to over come that hurdle is heavy promotion and hype. The loyal customer base should have been told ahead of time that the prices were going to jump. Yes I know Daivd said a while ago about changes coming to RE, but noting about a drastic price increase.

this isnt david's fault ;)

take a geuss at who's it is. Consensus is he wanst the one that wanted a quick change to dealer networking.

ever since he announced the big changes, he's been areal dick to alot of customers. I figured it was because he was getting tired of the hype and the bull chit...i think i now know why.

oh and x2 on everything you said about prices and consumers denim

They are greedy.

Yup...and like any business, they're in it to make a profit. They'll lose business from this, but I guarantee they'll make a boatload of extra profit from it - because like I said on SIN, there's always going to be a market of people out there that will pay regardless of the cost - they just have to have the latest and the greatest. It's worked for SVS, Eclipse, hell, even the Kicker SoloX is over a grand retail.

They basically dumped the entire DIY crowd, but I don't think they'll be financially hurting from this decision. Not at all.

They are greedy.

They basically dumped the entire DIY crowd, but I don't think they'll be financially hurting from this decision. Not at all.

Nope, the DIY crowed just isn't a very big pool once your talking mainstream... But theres plenty of other companies to keep the DIY crowd happy so I don't care one way or another. Its not like good subs for cheap don't exist anymore.

First Adire now RE

They used to be good and cheap, now they are a ripoff

Part of the business cycle IMHO.

So RE went mainstream, another company will come up and take its place.

it already has, It's call ascendant :)

and dont be so quick to bash RE since we still havent gotten conformation it was the former CEO and President of RE which made these deceisions ;)

i jsut realized that sentence makes almost no scence

Lol.... At least you realize that.

wow...

it's not over for RE. they have a very solid reputation. they will hurt a bit, but like RF, JL and such, people will want the product regardless of price because of name.

me? i could care less. i thought RE was all about hype after getting my XXX. it definitely wasn't what it was hyped up to be. and Dave didn't like it getting a soso review either. he's no mike or nick.

ascendant, SI, and SS are still here for diy. and SI and SS have products that more then hold their own against Adire, RE, Jl or whomever you want to mention. ( i say nothing about ascendant becuase i've not heard their product)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

they are just changing thier customer demographic, or thats what it looks like to me.

like jim said, they may lose some money for starters... but in the end, it will be good for the company, cuz right now mainstream > internet in terms of profit.

right now mainstream > internet in terms of profit.

Not just right now, but through all history. Regretably that is how you build a company, the goal is to get big enough to get to some mass where you can start to dominate some portion of a market segment. You just hopefully have to pick the right segment to be a part of. The only disgrace would be to leave your roots customers hanging.

LOL, I can just see all the kids at crapaudio that used to female dog about the retail of mags buying them up now...

LOL, I can just see all the kids at crapaudio that used to female dog about the retail of mags buying them up now...

So would that mean the now crapaudio boner be the Mag boner??

I want a Mag... I just wish I could get a 8" or 10" instead of a 12/15". Dang...