* Top Right : SAE-50.4

* Bottom: SAZ-3000D

Three_Guts.jpg

* Same as above

SAZ-3000D_overview.jpg

Just in a few minutes ago...

Very nice!!

sign me up for 4 surf boards. :P

I like what you've done cosmetically with the sae series, where is the 1000d though? ;)

also an amp link/bridge would be a nice accessory for them.

I'll trade up to 2 of the 3000's when the time comes and they are ready.

That'd be great... I'd love to trade up my pair of 1500d's for one, and pick up another... Will this be possible?

EDIT: I just saw those internals, that thing is siiick!

Edited by element

I like what you've done cosmetically with the sae series, where is the 1000d though? ;)

also an amp link/bridge would be a nice accessory for them.

The 1000D is being produced for production release. Should be up for sale before too much longer.

I've been told that before. It's something I'll look into later on.

I'll trade up to 2 of the 3000's when the time comes and they are ready.

That'd be great... I'd love to trade up my pair of 1500d's for one, and pick up another... Will this be possible?

EDIT: I just saw those internals, that thing is siiick!

Trading up won't be a generally available option for the public. You could re-sell what you have and pick one up when they are released :)

Stop teasing and show some specs of that monster 3k

Pretty much the same as the SAZ-1500D except 3000 x 1 @ 1 ohm rating. I'll post real numbers as soon as I can get together with Loyd and the boys for testing.

As far as size, the heatsink itself is 23 5/8" long, add a little bit for the terminals. So it's a beast but really not a huge amount physically larger than the SAZ-1500D when you consider the power output.

Daaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnn! :fing34:

Am I correct in assuming the Nightshade will be designed for use with the SAZ-3000D?

Daaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnn! :fing34:

Am I correct in assuming the Nightshade will be designed for use with the SAZ-3000D?

They are being designed for use with 4 x SAZ-1500Ds or 2x SAZ-3000Ds for SPL competition. Daily usage they will work great with 2x SAZ-1500D or an SAZ-3000D per woofer.

PS: May see a new heatsink design for the "Z" series starting with the production release of the SAZ-3000D. I am trying to find a way to further increase thermal dissipation and maintain the classy look we all know.

PS: May see a new heatsink design for the "Z" series starting with the production release of the SAZ-3000D. I am trying to find a way to further increase thermal dissipation and maintain the classy look we all know.

You thinking something like the side fins on this DD Z2? Maybe keep the edges square though so all your amps look similar.

Z.jpg

Edited by Audio Junkies

BIG fins where the flat spots are now!!! I love big sinks with big fins!

Big fins are nice but I don't want to ruin the simple and classy look. The current heatsink does a pretty good job thanks to the thick area where the transistors bolt down... this creates a good bit of thermal mass. I think it could use a bit more surface area for extremely low impedance operation, but I don't want to go crazy with it and make it look like it's not a Sundown amp :)

Big fins are nice but I don't want to ruin the simple and classy look. The current heatsink does a pretty good job thanks to the thick area where the transistors bolt down... this creates a good bit of thermal mass. I think it could use a bit more surface area for extremely low impedance operation, but I don't want to go crazy with it and make it look like it's not a Sundown amp :)

It won't ruin the look at all. I can recount many classy looking amps with fins, and a pair are sitting in front of me right now. They are YOUR amps though. Just thought I'd offer up an opinion.

Keep the same look on the heatsinks, they look killer how they are. Theres no chrome and bs all over it very classy looking. The 3000 looks great. Wish I had 8 of those bastards to throw at my sigs for a nice horah!!!