Sign in to follow this  
magic_wizard

almost ready to pound

This weekend, I will finally get my stuff installed. This includes Iraggi alternator, big 3, new battery, pg tantrum 1200.1 amp, and 2 12 mags sealed in a gnomeaudio box. Can't wait!!! :slayer:

Next weekend, I will make kicks for my CDT comps and sounddeaden the trunk with some secondskin.

I'll let yawl know how it sounds.

how much do these alternators usually cost?

$275-$350, depending on amperage...160a-260a

This weekend, I will finally get my stuff installed. This includes Iraggi alternator, big 3, new battery, pg tantrum 1200.1 amp, and 2 12 mags sealed in a gnomeaudio box. Can't wait!!! :slayer:

Next weekend, I will make kicks for my CDT comps and sounddeaden the trunk with some secondskin.

I'll let yawl know how it sounds.

Pics are a must!

Looks like I have to wait until next Friday :( . But I'll get pics up as soon as it's all done.

By the way, anybody use second skin damplifier on the doors? I am gonna use it to dampen the trunk, but I was wondering if I should get the rattler or damplifier for the doors. Also, is it really necessary to dampen the bottom of the trunk, or just the lid and sides? I'm running low on cash now, but I might be able to squeeze a little out for more damplifier.

Edited by magic_wizard

I picked up some Dynamat Extreme on ebay a couple moths ago (got the bulk kit for 117 shipped) this was my first time using any sound deadening product. So far I have done my trunk lid (inner skin, and outer) and front doors (inner skin and the outer) and still have 4 sheets left. Going to do the rest of my trunk this next week. I am very pleased with how it made my components come alive and much cleaner. The mid range is crisper and stronger. The bass is more distinct throughout the entire system. My trunk does not rattle AT ALL!!!

Sound deadening is worth it, as far as brand goes I don't have any experiance with any others to add more input. I have read that Second Skin is real good too.

Peel and Seal from Lowes Hardware has worked great for me. Also, Raamat is a great product and I'm also certain it's much less expensive than Second Skin. We used a combo of P&S and Raamat on Nick's car when we did his trunk -- it worked great.

Yeah, I'll second P&S/Raamat, considering that Nick and I used it on the Camaro. I believe the Raamat that was left over is now in the Del Sol. :) P&S on the floor pans and hatch/trunk, Raamat on vertical surfaces like doors and such. Raamat is more stickier.

Josh

I'll 3rd the raammat...I have about 100ft of it installed in my car...that stuff heated up does absolutely great...get it hot enough to where it's almost too hot to touch the foil with your hands...

I am using dynamat extreme :P no complaints from over here.. especially since I found 5 bulk packs in my garage unopened! :lol:

eDead is cheap and easy. Heaven forbid you buy anything else from them though.