Sign in to follow this  
Kyle Richardson

12" and 15" subwoofer blowout

It came today. $49 and change for COD. UPS kills me on international delivery. If I may make a suggestion, go USPS if delivering to Canada.

Great sounding driver; matches my taste very, very well. I'll post up more closer to the weekend when I've done some more listening.

got mine, its awesome.

Care to elaborate? I'm just curious what your thoughts and feelings are.

Oh and I shall.

I haven't built a box for it yet, we're going to start working on a ported one for the ICON shortly, so I'll throw it in there for some testing.

Overall though, the thing is a monster (15"). It looks great and has a kind of ominous feel to it without any company branding on it. The motor just makes it look meaner.

The spiders are pretty firm, but I'll be interested to see what this thing does after they've loosened up a bit over time.

It came today. $49 and change for COD. UPS kills me on international delivery. If I may make a suggestion, go USPS if delivering to Canada.

I realize UPS is horrible on brokerage charges for international shipping and USPS is quite a bit better but there are quite a few problems with USPS. First, we have had a terrible history with USPS destroying drivers. They are just very hard on them during shipping and then filing a claim is next to impossible and even if it does go through it is months not weeks. UPS is usually quite timely on claims and the process is much easier.

Secondly, I've had many packages just disappear with USPS after it crosses the border. Who knows what happens to them but they just disappear and then we go through the long, impossible claims process again.

So, even though UPS is more expensive its just a better company to use for international shipping and that is why we use them.

By the way, its good to hear you guys are happy with them so far. Please be sure to report back when you have a bit more time on them.

That's quite alright. I've never had any luck with UPS (in virtually every respect) and always had good luck with USPS. I think it's quite natural to have had different experiences. Either way, I'm quite happy so far (item was very well packed) and will post up more on the weekend.

what are the sealed box requirements for the 15" driver?

Thanks

Requirements is a loose term, but I have mine in just over 5.5 cubic feet.

They aren't small or even medium sized enclosure drivers. These will require a lot of space.

Kyle: Have you heard anything more from Kevin about how many of these are left? I think I might sell the Classic I bought from you and buy another three of these.

Kyle: Have you heard anything more from Kevin about how many of these are left? I think I might sell the Classic I bought from you and buy another three of these.

We're fine for 3. The 15's are selling better than the 12's so we have a more of the 12's left.

Damn, I'm so impulsive... this is too good of a deal to pass up. I just put in an order for 4 of the 15's. I hope I won't regret this.

I modified the original post to reflect the fact that shipping is now included in the modified prices of $155.00 for the XJ-12 and $160.00 for the XJ-15. There was a bit of confusion over the shipping prices so we decided to include it in the new price. Some will pay less with the new price and others will pay more but its a good average.

Also, if you are on the fence about one of these drivers you may want to move quickly. We have been in contact with a distributor who wants to purchase the remaining inventory, possibly as early as late today. Now, I dont know for sure if it will go though but once it does the remaining drivers will be gone.

I think I'll put mine in a 6'^3ft sealed box, just for shits and giggles.

Be a good daily driver for the time being.

How does it sound in the IB Scott?

Very good. Very accurate, great output, blends very well with my front end. I had a friend listen to the stereo a couple nights ago & he told me to not to change my trunk setup again :woot: