Sign in to follow this  
George

whose done it?

walked in front of a brand new TV with a subwoofer, and had the magnetic field completely jack up the screen? :(

purple and blue all over the bitch

walked in front of a brand new TV with a subwoofer, and had the magnetic field completely jack up the screen? :(

I have done it to my computer monitor. I would turn it off for a day or two and see if it will go away. My monitor's went away in about 18 or so hours.

I have done it to my computer monitor. I would turn it off for a day or two and see if it will go away. My monitor's went away in about 18 or so hours.

i should try that. thanks for the advice!

See if you have a menu option for "degauss".

This will attempt to degauss or demagnetize the screen.

See if you have a menu option for "degauss".

This will attempt to degauss or demagnetize the screen.

I think degaussing is for removing static electricity but I could be wrong. I knowit didn't help when I magnetized my monitor. Only not being powered for a while did. I would still use it, but just sparingly. check my email, change my aim away message or whatever but than shut it right back off.

I'm actually amazed I haven't screwed anything up yet, my Rava's unshielded and I half-expected something to get nailed when I was moving...

Yeah, I made the mistake of placing my 4x12 guitar cab in front of the tv, so I could jam :band:. Lo and behold, there were two nice purple circles (the rest of the screen looked kind of greenish) when I moved it back :Doh:. It went away after a couple days, though.

There is an easy way to fix that...all you need is a big soldering gun.

Turn the TV on and hold the gun (side of the gun) next to one corner of the TV. Pull the trigger and start making slow circles around the screen, move in alil every time the complete a circle. When you get to the center of the TV, pull the soldering gun away...do that a few times and you can get rid of most if not all of the crazy colors.

I did that with my PC once, I took a magnet and ran it around in different directions and got rid of most of it. The next day it was all gone.

I sat a triplestacked btl on the kitchen counter to work on it for about 1/2 an hour (I'm slow). It was about 1 foot from the kitchen tv, and a few hours later when I turned it on, it was just as you described. It took a day or so for it to go away, but it should be okay in the long run. These other guys have some good suggestions if it's really annoying you.

Aparantly, you can take a monitor with degaussing capability, and hold the monitor face to face against the TV, and then degause the monitor, and it will simultaniously degauss the TV.

do new and crt go in the same sentance?

Yup, for some situations they make more sense :)

There is an easy way to fix that...all you need is a big soldering gun.

Turn the TV on and hold the gun (side of the gun) next to one corner of the TV. Pull the trigger and start making slow circles around the screen, move in alil every time the complete a circle. When you get to the center of the TV, pull the soldering gun away...do that a few times and you can get rid of most if not all of the crazy colors.

yes....heat demagnetizes magnets as a general rule...

get a ceramic mag...throw in oven....take it out in a while and you got yourself a ceramic paperweight that isn't all that fond of paperclips anymore.

For the record....when i had the prototype XXX15 (first one ever made) ....i brought it into the living room to do a test on it with a plate amp.... when I walked into living room about 8 feet from TV....we had the rainbow appear....so i just kept on walking right out of the room again....that's all I needed to see.