Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

No more "Magnum"s

Before anyone freaks out we are still going to make subwoofers but we cannot use the name "Magnum" anymore. A Corporation called Mitek owns the rights to the word "Magnum" in car audio, so we cannot use it. This last batch of 12's and 15's that was just made will be the last speakers with "Magnum" on them. :(

'just thought I'd let you know. :thud:

ahhhhhh!!!! that sucks, but I am sure you will come up with something good for them.

when will the next batch of 15s be ready???

:thud: just changer it a lil bit like Magnisum or somethen close wt diff letters.... I thought u didn't have to change stuff like that unless people were confused on who was who or what was what.. :(

What if you were to change the name from "Magnum" to "Magnum-D2" (hyphenated word?)?

That is terrible.

Wonder if they will even use the name? Such a shame!

Mitek? They own Autotek right? Hell I say just call them D2's! Or D2-Magnums! I wonder what is going on with the 9500 series from MTX and DD. Who will keep the name? Also the XXX series from RE and Soudstream!

I think that is crap myself. We can help you come up with a killer name though guys.

I like D2 :boink:

D2 goes well. there is my vote.

I have always enjoyed calling it the "Mag"....it's a catchy, short name that rolls very well...."Mag D2" would be just fine....

since ou gotta change the logo, you should remake the sub and make it even better than it is!! whooo!

Funny thing is Mitek=parent company of MTX. Hmm......

Now I have a collectors edition SI driver.

BRING ON THE 8s!!!! :D

well that officially blows....how did ya find this out? did the company contact you??? If so, at least the word about your subs are out. ;) Seriously though, I'll hafta call ya this week...can't make any promises though..rough times have been sprung on me life-wise. I'll hafta talk to ya 'bout it sometime.

josh

Just so long as you don't call it "HFR".....dumb name.... :D

you my friend, dont count. HFR all the way :D .

Just so long as you don't call it "HFR".....dumb name.... :D

you my friend, dont count. HFR all the way :D .

LOL @ your SIG....

I know who else is going to PONY up some CANDY....and you know what kind of candy I'm talkin about ;):P

Glad I have 2 prestine collectors items then (and claw baskets too).

Watch your favorite movie(s) a few time and you'll come up with a few names to choose from. Or listen to some of your fav music (eyes closed).

"D2" is too closley tied to "dual 2 ohm" .. not very inspirational for a name really, fine to indicate the VC config, but not a name.

Was magnum originally chosen in reference to the "gun", the "large wine bottle", or the "masterpiece" (as in Magnum Opus... an artists greatest work)?

That might have a bearing on the direction you choose to head in for a name aswell.

Heck .. keep making good drivers and call it "the arse" and it'll sell. (hmmmm... logo ideas)

I'd say play off the "Integrity" name and meaning.

Go with an all "godzilla theme"

Lots to choose from there.

Greek mythology ? .... No wait that's been done... heh

Good luck,

The Hammer

Edited by TheHammer

Well, as a Norwegian I can think of one or two other godlike names: Odin, the badass one-eyed top-god in norse mythology.

Or the most hard hitting of them all; Tor.

To go latin again; the NPL, where NPL stands for Non Plus Ultra, which roughly translated means No one besides, no one over.

The last one pretty much sums up what the Mag stands for in my book :D

man, that blows, when u rename them how long will it take to be production? are u keeping an identical sub with a new logo embedded?

Glad I have 2 prestine collectors items then (and claw baskets too).

Watch your favorite movie(s) a few time and you'll come up with a few names to choose from. Or listen to some of your fav music (eyes closed).

"D2" is too closley tied to "dual 2 ohm" .. not very inspirational for a name really, fine to indicate the VC config, but not a name.

Was magnum originally chosen in reference to the "gun", the "large wine bottle", or the "masterpiece" (as in Magnum Opus... an artists greatest work)?

That might have a bearing on the direction you choose to head in for a name aswell.

Heck .. keep making good drivers and call it "the arse" and it'll sell. (hmmmm... logo ideas)

I'd say play off the "Integrity" name and meaning.

Go with an all "godzilla theme"

Lots to choose from there.

Greek mythology ? .... No wait that's been done... heh

Good luck,

The Hammer

Had no idea you were using SI for sub duty...glad to hear it....

The ONLY thing that's changing with the Mag is the dustcap screening...that's it!

Dustcap will be the same, as with everything else....

The new logo MIGHT put the SI D2 ahead of the Funky Pup... I think Dan Wiggins put it best:

"The goal of every super sub builder is to eclipse the current king, the Funky Pup. No one may get there, but we keep trying..."

Edited by sundownz

I vote you call them "Mark"

People would be all like, "Yo, my Mark wangs huge...way huger than any else. Way huger." Catchy.