Adrian_D

1996 Jeep Cherokee

Baffle is cut.

IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4029.jpg

T-nuts are fiberglassed in place. When measuring the volume I filled it up with water and noticed a couple leaks. Fixed those too.

Only thing left to do now is attach the baffle. Any ideas how to do it except dip pieces of mat in resin and place them on the seams by hand, through the cutout ? It's a messy procedure :(

Looking good!!! :)

Looks even better now that the baffle is in place :D

A little bit of sanding and then it's time to fill the space between the mold and the plastic panel.

Pics later.

I forgot to mention I added too much hardener to the mixture and in a corner it got really hot and even smoked. Scared me and I had to pull it out :(

BINGO , there is the culprit . A mix that is to hot will cause shrinkage :)

Ended up griding a bit of the fiberglass edge and filling that gap instead of doing it from the inside. I hope it's going to be ok :)

IMG_4033.jpg

Everything in place and ready for fixing the gaps. Probably going to use fiberglass for the bigger ones and polyester filler for the fine touches.

IMG_4034.jpg

Looks good, man. A little fine-tuning and it will look great!

It's definitely easy to mix too much hardner in there, especially in hot weather.

I think this is the reinforced filler Ramos mentioned.

IMG_4035.jpg

Worked like a charm

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_4039.jpg

IMG_4041.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

Thanks again for the tips on filling the spaces.

The wonderful bench where I carpeted the box

IMG_4044.jpg

Except deadening and fill (real wool) it's done :D

IMG_4051.jpg

I found gray carpet...but the shop only sells huge rolls and I have no use for 150sqft of carpet :(

Time to start playing with tweeter aiming :)

That is exactly what I did to make sure the front & back of my door pods were solidly bonded together.

Looks great my man :)

Thank you, thank you :)

I'm really pleased with the result. Blends nicely and can keep up with quick kick-drums. Listening to it right after the home setup I feel like it lacks a bit of output but I really didn't want to over-power the front stage with this setup.

IMG_4056.jpg

Started the A-pillars :

IMG_4071.jpg

Rather pleased how it turned out so far, tomorrow I'm going to cover it in fleece and finish the fiberglass work on it. Still debating on keeping it that tall of cutting it half-way.

It's going to be covered in black vynil.

Right now I'm a bit confused with the time alignment. Can you guys give me a few guide-lines please ? :)

Had the right pillar covered in black vinyl. Stood out like a sore thumb and also showed all the imperfections. Bottom line is, it looked like crap :(

Looked for some gray vinyl for about 2 weeks...found a few pieces tuesday and this is how it turned out after a couple of hours of sanding :)

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4102.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

With that I think I'm mostly done. Thought for a moment about a sub with a bit more output potential but after some fine tuning it's enough bass for my tastes.

Probably going to deaden the roof and work a bit more on the doors (ensolite, brax equivalent of the spectrum...I'm open to suggestions).

There is a bit of hiss from the sub amp but it's inaudible with the cargo cover on.

dam nice

Must be from the flash ?

No flash :

IMG_4079.jpg

lol is this an illusiion?

is it grey or tan, lol

Headliner is tan, the rest is gray :P