DevilDriver

My subjective review of the SSA Icon

wow... the recommend over the IDQ's/IDMAX really caught my eye...

must be one hell of a sub, at a damn good price to....

wow..i never saw this review either, but i'm glad that i stumbled upon it. i don't have the 15 inch sub, but I have the 12 inch sub and it is very solid. I have the 12 in a 1.5 sealed cube enclosure, and the sound is amazing. i have owned about 6 subs, and this is by far the cleanest sub that i have used.

There was a brief discussion of this over on DIYMA a little while ago. Basically, there is this aura that surrounds Image Dynamics products that has inflated its reputation well beyond its performance. That's not to say that the IDQ or the IDMAX is a bad driver....just that a product like the Icon can easily approach and exceed either of them, in my opinion....particularly the IDQ.

wow..i never saw this review either, but i'm glad that i stumbled upon it. i don't have the 15 inch sub, but I have the 12 inch sub and it is very solid. I have the 12 in a 1.5 sealed cube enclosure, and the sound is amazing. i have owned about 6 subs, and this is by far the cleanest sub that i have used.

This is coming from a SQ competitor on Team Zapco. :D

There was a brief discussion of this over on DIYMA a little while ago. Basically, there is this aura that surrounds Image Dynamics products that has inflated its reputation well beyond its performance. That's not to say that the IDQ or the IDMAX is a bad driver....just that a product like the Icon can easily approach and exceed either of them, in my opinion....particularly the IDQ.

I would love to get a hold of an IDQv3 and see how it would test with the Icon. But regardless of what I were to say, noone would believe me on that result. :(

Neil-

What enclosure did you keep for continued use?

I kept the 3 cube sealed one and 5 cubes tuned to 20 Hz for a while, switching it periodically. The Icon has gone unused since I got the Audiopulse drivers because I either needed to listen to those or preferred to hook up the LMS-Ultra. ;)

Everything is disconnected now. We'll see what comes next. Still like the Icon, though.