Sign in to follow this  
Gritter

Please help

so i recently purchased a Crossfire vr1000d.. *1000w+rms at 1ohm*. My current setup is 2 jl w3's off a pioneer 760w amp. Yes not the greatest but it gets the job done for me currently. These jl's will not hold up with 500+ watts each, thus bringing me to my current mind pretzle.

I'd really like to go with a single sub FI setup. But my mind is all tied up between the SSD, the Q, and even the BL.

As far as space goes i have roughly 4 cubs to play with. The sub will be in the trunk of a 2006 cadillac CTS. The setup will be a street beater, daily used setup. As for music i listen to 99% rap music with big lows and 1% rock/heavy metal. I'd preffer a 60/40 split sq spl, or maybe a 70/30. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Sounds like the BL would be perfect.

Any certain options i should choose? Any reccomendations on the size of the woofer with the amount of room i have? Will the 1000+ be plenty to get the BL going? Birthsheer on the amp says 1332

Any certain options i should choose? Any reccomendations on the size of the woofer with the amount of room i have? Will the 1000+ be plenty to get the BL going? Birthsheer on the amp says 1332

It should be plenty to get good sound from it. Were you going with a sealed or ported box? Was that 4 ft gross or net (taking the box into account)?

Im assuming that is 3.75 net after port and driver displacement (if thats not the case, change all the 15 recommendations to 12")

The BL would be a little bit flatter overall with probably closer to a 50/50 split. The Q15 would need to be tuned a little lower to try and knock out some of the 40-50Hz hump it would have (BL has a flatter response in that sized enclosure, although not as much overall linearity)

im really looken for some exteme lows, from what i've heard the BL will get lower then the q correct? I'm gonna go double check my box mesurments see if i can squeeze another .25 .50 cu ft outta it!

if you want extreme lows, play a different song, hehe.

I'll wait for Fi or an experienced user to answer your question for certain but i would assume the Q would have better response due it's better SQ performance in the low end range.

I'm not saying the BL won't be good for lows because i am getting 2 BL 10s for the same purpose as you but am running 3x more power than your Crossfire's birthsheet.

The BL is what you are gonna need and at the minimum i keep seeing the P Chamfer as a high recommendation for an add-on option.

The BL is also more efficient than the Q is according to specs.

Sign in to follow this