JimJ

Noobs, listen up.

lulz

The Patrol warned that it is important to secure objects in vehicles to prevent such catastrophes.

A widely reported incident involving similar circumstances took place in Kirkland in 1994 when Mike Frier, a Seattle Seahawks player, was paralyzed from the waist down when a 200-pound stereo speaker broke loose from the rear cargo area of a sport-utility vehicle and crushed him in a collision on 108th Avenue Northeast

Must have been AudioBling.

yup, they say you shouldn't even have a box of tissue on your back dash. no less a speaker box. ouch! thats why i'm a car person, not a truck/suv guy.

yup, they say you shouldn't even have a box of tissue on your back dash. no less a speaker box. ouch! thats why i'm a car person, not a truck/suv guy.

Tissue box will do nothing. Not enough mass. Mythbusters FTW!

Tissue box will do nothing. Not enough mass. Mythbusters FTW!

Exactly. Can't break Newton's laws. The acceleration required to build up any appreciable force with that mass is well beyond a vehicle's capabilities.

Could scratch yourself, though. Watch out for those corners. ;)

You got it from teh CA.COMS...

Nope, I got it from teh Audiokarma.orgs.

damn that sucks...

but how do you know it was a wall ?

Based on the fact that the car was a '73 Datsun I'm gonna say that it wasn't a wall but a 6x9 laying on the back dash. The football player otoh probably was hit by his sub enclosure coming from the back where it was inadequately secured.

The point of the post is that is you don't build the wall like a brick shithouse and secure the subs into the wall equally as well, they will come loose in an accident and they will find the back of your head.

that's the only thing that scares me about building a wall. lol the subs either breaking the basket or the screws in a head on or something.