Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

Sundown Audio SD-1 "Blowout" Sale

The market seems to be apprehensive about adopting a small and efficient SQ speaker, seems that most consumers are interested in putting huge power into woofers these days :) So... the SD-1 model is being closed out and discontinued due to sluggish sales. They will still carry full warranty as I will hold onto some of them for warranty replacements:

http://www.sundownaudio.com/ppsd10.html -- 10" Model Information

http://www.sundownaudio.com/ppsd12.html -- 12" Model Information

These subs actually perform very well but have really been slow sellers... see some first hand reviews here:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=9883

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=9264

----

Pricing is as follows:

Shipped Prices are to Continental 48 states

1x 10" SD-1 will be $65.00 shipped

2x 10" SD-1s will be $120.00 shipped ($60 each)

4x 10" SD-1s will be $225.00 shipped ($56.25 each)

1x 12" SD-1 will be $75.00 shipped

2x 12" SD-1 will be $137.50 shipped ($68.75 each)

4x 12" SD-1 will be $250.00 shipped ($62.50 each)

Ask about higher quantities... also ask about shipping rates outside of the continental 48 states.

GO HERE TO PAY WITH PAYPAL:

http://www.sundownaudio.com/SD-1_blowout.html

----------

EVEN BETTER... as a special bonus each SD-1 purchased enters your in a drawing to win an SAX-100.2 amplifier! This will run until the end of August and the winner will be drawn on September 1st. Each one gets you an entry... buy four and get four entires.

RAFFLE IS OVER! Andrew Mitchell won the SAX-100.2 amplifier.

The sale will continue but the raffle part is done, thanks to those who entered!

----------

Want a cheap and easy solution for sealed enclosures for the SD-1 subs?

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=260-646

* Dual 10" box with near perfect volume for $35.20 + shipping

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=260-648

* Dual 12" box with near perfect volume (just add 2-3 pounds poly per side) for $49.40 + shipping

Sounds like to good a deal to pass up. I'm gonna have to order me up a pair of these. Only problem is do I go with 10's or 12's? OK,, after thinking about I'll just go with a pair of 12's. I just hope I have enough room for 2 of them ported.

This sounds like a great deal. But I'm not sure if it will be loud enough in my civic hatch. Also, which of your amps would you recommend with 2 of the 12's?

THanks,

David

These are 200-watt RMS subs, so two is perfect on an SAX-100.2 bridged. That is what I have in my car... 2x 10" SD-1s ported on an SAX-100.2 bridged at 4 ohms :)

These aren't SPL subs, but you won't have a louder setup with 400 watts. They also sound *great* -- which was their main purpose, lower powered SQ subs. They excel at blending very well with the front stage, and can throw down a bit if necessary.

They won't compete with 1000+ watts each on huge 50 pound woofers, but I find that they meet my daily needs well.

Sounds like to good a deal to pass up. I'm gonna have to order me up a pair of these. Only problem is do I go with 10's or 12's? OK,, after thinking about I'll just go with a pair of 12's. I just hope I have enough room for 2 of them ported.

The 12" models work very well in a transmission line type box... PM "stratusrt01" about a box for them, he has the perfect, compact TL style box for these 12s :)

One more note... all dealers are authorized to match this blowout price. If you wan an SAX-100.2 *and* a pair of SD-1 woofers... contact SSA or any other authorized dealer about a package deal :)

How about a blowout sale on the 3000D's. :D.

*laughs*

Those aren't going anywhere anytime soon, sorry.

Like Jacob said, we will do a sweet combo deal on a pair of SD-1's and an SAX-100.2

*laughs*

If I had the money...id get a pair right now...cause i want that 15 inch Fi Q....but the price of these is what i like...plus they are built for sq...thats what i want.

But i would like to see these head to head against the Mach 5 Maw 10 and 12. for subjective sq and spl. :woot:

If I had the money...id get a pair right now...cause i want that 15 inch Fi Q....but the price of these is what i like...plus they are built for sq...thats what i want.

But i would like to see these head to head against the Mach 5 Maw 10 and 12. for subjective sq and spl. :woot:

Based on what I know about the Mach5 driver... it would beat the SD-1 in SPL without much problem but will likely take more power to do so. The SD-1 should be ahead at lower power levels as it is a more efficient driver. SQ would be another story, as that is what the SD-1 is made for, it excels there.

OK, just ordered me a pair of these. Can't think about it too long or else I won't buy anything. Now the wait begins, and I shall attempt to build my first box in the next couple of days. Just have to figure out some box specs, probably pm this mysterious "stratusrt01" that jacob recommends. Oh, and also figure out what a transmission line box is? I can't wait to see how these compare to my cvr.

:domoslay:

Based on what I know about the Mach5 driver... it would beat the SD-1 in SPL without much problem but will likely take more power to do so. The SD-1 should be ahead at lower power levels as it is a more efficient driver. SQ would be another story, as that is what the SD-1 is made for, it excels there.

i think more people will get them now...but at the rate its been going...i think you still might have these a while...so i might actually be able to get some! :domoslay:

i have no job so money is tight!

OK, just ordered me a pair of these. Can't think about it too long or else I won't buy anything. Now the wait begins, and I shall attempt to build my first box in the next couple of days. Just have to figure out some box specs, probably pm this mysterious "stratusrt01" that jacob recommends. Oh, and also figure out what a transmission line box is? I can't wait to see how these compare to my cvr.

If you can get the TL box specs from Rich I think you will be very surprised with what those 12" SD-1s will do. "stratusrt01" = Rich , one of my sales reps for NC. He picked up a pair of the 12s after he heard my 10s :)

how do the 10's perform sealed mr. Jacob ? :)

They do very well SQ wise, a few Nissan Titan guys have them sealed in truck boxes:

One customer:

"I previously was a Diamond Audio freak and thought that their speakers were good. I prefer the sound from the SD-1s than i do my Moms (my old) CM312d4s granted the diamonds are 12s and the sundown at 10s but no matter what i have thrown at them they take it with no problem, from korn, jay z, nelly, journey, door, rolling stones, to 50s music. they are just CLEAN CLEAN AND MORE CLEAN"

Output is good, about as much as you can expect sealed with 200 watts per sub :) Of course it won't compare to huge subs with 20+ mm of excursion sealed.

*laughs*

Lol I don't want it to be discontuined, just don't have money for one right now :P.

Jesus. I'm never getting out of debt.

Can I get a package deal for a ten and a twelve?

Jesus. I'm never getting out of debt.

Can I get a package deal for a ten and a twelve?

Sure... lets say $128.75 for one 10" and one 12" -- you can directly Paypal me at the e-mail address in the original post if you like.

Got it :)

I've had a few orders already today... those will go out tomorrow for sure.

How do you think 2 of these 12's ported would match up against 1 Maw 12 or a similar ~300 watt sub. Both setups seeing 350 Watts and tuned nice and low. I have a friend that wants to run 2 12's but I advised against it with only 350 Watts but these subs might be the ticket! Would the extra cone area with these higher sensitive speakers give me more output while retaining good sq? thanks

Edited by MKader17

jacob i just bought an sae-1000d and just am looking to do something different than my 2 type r 12's. do you think 4 of the sd-1 10's would compare output wise? the only thing is i would only have 600 watts as id be running the 1000d at 2 ohms. i am also in charlotte so could i save on shipping?

They do very well SQ wise, a few Nissan Titan guys have them sealed in truck boxes:

One customer:

"I previously was a Diamond Audio freak and thought that their speakers were good. I prefer the sound from the SD-1s than i do my Moms (my old) CM312d4s granted the diamonds are 12s and the sundown at 10s but no matter what i have thrown at them they take it with no problem, from korn, jay z, nelly, journey, door, rolling stones, to 50s music. they are just CLEAN CLEAN AND MORE CLEAN"

Output is good, about as much as you can expect sealed with 200 watts per sub :) Of course it won't compare to huge subs with 20+ mm of excursion sealed.

Cool , not looking for monster output . Plan on running my sub(s) on a zr360 . Space constrictions are what's getting me right now :)