YOu mean what is the difference between amplifier classes?

A monoblock is nothing more than one single channel amplifier. A dual monoblock amplifier is essentially just one chassis with two amplifiers. And likewise.

YOu mean what is the difference between amplifier classes?

A monoblock is nothing more than one single channel amplifier. A dual monoblock amplifier is essentially just one chassis with two amplifiers. And likewise.

Well i see this all the time on websites they will have one section for each, cant see any difference.

Not all monoblocks are Class D, and not all Class D amps are monoblocks...they're two different things.

Not all monoblocks are Class D, and not all Class D amps are monoblocks...they're two different things.

Well, What are some things that make them different?

Like Tirefryr said, a monoblock is a single channel amplifier.

Class D is an amplifier topology where the output devices are switched between full on and off states, hence why some people (incorrectly) refer to them as "digital" amps.

What are the differences between the 2 if there are any?

:huh:

Monoblock describes how many channels the amp has, that being one. A Monoblock can be any class.

Class-D is an amplifier topology describing how the amplifier works. A Class-D amp can have any number of channels but they are usually monoblock as the Class-D design is best suited for subwoofer duty. Some new technologies take Class-D full range... but in general, Class-D is used for woofers.

Class D is an amplifier topology where the output devices are switched between full on and off states, hence why some people (incorrectly) refer to them as "digital" amps.

Ok, that was all i needed to know, thanks to all

Dude, your avatar is fucking SICK! That would be so badass as a tatoo. Do you have a full resolution copy?

I have a 4 channel stereo full range Class D, therefore not a monoblock Class D :)

Have you had a chance to listen to the pdx yet ? I have read all the reviews , but would like an opinion from someone who isn't paid for ad space :)

Dude, your avatar is pucking SICK! That would be so badass as a tatoo. Do you have a full resolution copy?

I really wanted to say that :D , I was looking at it and salivating!

Have you had a chance to listen to the pdx yet ? I have read all the reviews , but would like an opinion from someone who isn't paid for ad space :)

Sound wise... I haven't noted a single thing different compared to any Class A/B I have used. Once I get the front end installed, I'll be doing more critical listening.

They do heat considerably, but that is part of the design too.