Ive got a class D Mono amp that keeps shutting off while playing music. before It used to do it if there was a weak signal but now its starting to do it no matter what. I have to turn off the HU then turn it back on to get the amp working again.

In the last vehicle it was in the remote wire was connected to a fuse under the dash and the wire's insulation rubbed off somewhere. the wire touched metal on the vehicle and burned out the wire. for a while the amp wouldnt even play any music but then started workign again. btw, that happened almost exactly a year ago... had the amp for 1 1/2 years & i bass it everyday

Edited by foolioGrimz

no one? I posted it on a car audio forum and didnt get 1 reply....

could running too thick a wire on the remote have anything to do with it?

if its something in the amp, is it fixable? I paid $350 for it and looking at RF amps but I really cant afford to replace it right now.

check ur ground wire...

try to hook it up in ine of ur buddies cars..

does it only cut off at high volumes???

check ur ground wire...

try to hook it up in ine of ur buddies cars..

does it only cut off at high volumes???

nope, cuts off almost always when its turned down now... somethimesj turns off at high volumes but not as muchN

does it get hot at all? what size wire r you using? Have you checked your RCA's at the amp and behind the deck? those r only a couple of things i can think of at 3am lol

A lot of amps have automatic shut-off if they get too hot, did you check for that? Also, check to see if your remote wire may be touching some bare metal, then check your ground.

yea check the impedience of the ground..I've had that problem with a bad/loose ground.

Thats it impedence i remember i had this kenwood amp one time and i was running it like at 1 ohm and it would cut off every now and then, then more and more frequent, unitl it stopped playing. So i open it up, and get the test light and find another part where power is still coming out of crank it back up and watch white smoke surround the area.. :thud: those were the days.. :thud: