vladd

More fiero pixtures

sorry about the crappy pics but i can't move the sun and mom's digi cam sucks(or maybe i don't know how to use it).

The plan is to actually have it in the fiero by this evening. We will see how that goes.

these next two are just of the 3800 hanging gracefully on it's hoist.

P8040179.jpg

P8040178.jpg

These two are of the old cradle, first showing rust, 2nd showing where it was dented and twisted.

P8040177.jpg

P8040176.jpg

these two show the new cradle with the welded on mounting plates. (note that little hump covered in plastic is the old engine, i'll be taking some pieces off of it later just to throw them on ebay.)

P8040175.jpg

P8040174.jpg

had to block out my super secret secrets

Stop being in this thread and get outside and install that bish.

i caught the sun behind a cloud and snapped a few pics. waiting on the bro-in-law to get out here to muscle the damn thing in. my tiny ass can barely move the bish

well I'm done for the day. made huge progress. I need to buy a few parts and get them on their way here so i can mount the engine in the car.

to buy list...

aluminum cradle mounts

4cyl water hoses

axles

supercharger belt

spark plugs

oil/filter

supercharger oil

maybe new plug wires

once i get all that in and get the engine fluids changed it'll be ready to put in...after i get the computer reprogrammed it'll be ready to drive.

then comes suspension...ugh

been way too hot to do much...

this is what i got done yesterday (along with putting it back on the engine)

P8070055.jpg

today i put out an order for the rest of the engine parts i need. and try to figure out a way to fix my shifter

lookin good brother

i'll make a thread of the past 3 weeks of my life soon...i haven't been here much at all :(

Can't wait for the burning rubber photos.

right now i'm basically just waiting on parts.

Today i removed the ball joints from the control arms, drilled out the old rivets etc etc. Threw a coat of paint on just for protection, not for looks. Here's some pics for you all pic hungry people

P8110065-1.jpg

P8110064-1.jpg

P8110063-1.jpg

They look more like real control arms than I imagined they would. (not your work ;) GM's)

there also might be a set of poly bushings coming, still haven't decided if i should spend the extra $$ on it right now though.

lol I actually have those exact Nike shoes. I used for some triathlons/training.

lol i love them, but i catch a LOT of chit for them. apparently they're ugly as hell. They are comfortable as hell, almost the most comfortable shoes i've ever owned.

here's pics of the spectrum firewall on the engine bay. I only put a little on the sides, and about a 2mm layer on the engine side of the trunk, 1mm on the trunk side of the trunk. The actual firewall got a good 3-4mm layer (thicker in some areas) since that's really the reason i bought it.

sorry for the crappy pics but i found another wasp nest and they didn't like me taking pics so close to their home so i didn't even notice i had the camera set for the super close pics(note how the up close stuff is in perfect focus). I'll take some better pics when i go to drill some holes in the trunk for water to drain from last night.

Firewall...

P8170011.jpg

Left side of engine bay...

P8170010.jpg

Engine side of trunk

P8170009.jpg

Trunk side of trunk, firewall, and sexy reflection :domoslay:

P8170008.jpg

Same as above, minus the sexy

P8170007.jpg

Overall shot of trunk/engine bay showing the right wheelwell

P8170006.jpg

Shot of trunk showing soupy mess from last night's rain

P8170005.jpg

i have to move back to bburg this weekend so it probably won't be running until december when i get my next break. of course that's not drivable running either. A lot of my necessary parts didn't arrive as planned, all the stuff like the spectrum made it here on time though.

i need my cradle bushings, water hoses, and axles to really be close to finished.

Ok the update for today...painted the spectrum black so it wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb. Disassembled the 2.8 and discovered the source of its knock..spun rod bearing, but i didn't take any pics.

I got the water drained out of the trunk and put the new plugs in the 3800 as well as got the headers wrapped. I couldn't find my rubber gloves in the dark so i did it barehanded....yea the wrap is fiberglass and my fingers are itching like crazy. after i finished that i was covering the engine back up and a pucking wasp got me. That makes 4 stings I've had in the past...3 days?

now it's pic time...

rear side of the engine..

P8170017.jpg

crossover pipe

P8170019.jpg

P8170020.jpg

front side of the engine. I stuck the stock shielding back on just because the starter and a/c will be directly under the manifold.

P8170021.jpg

and i had to show off the sc

P8170022.jpg

:)