Aaron Clinton

SSA ICON rides page

Very attractive. I love the clean simple looking installs. :)

Ok. I guess Ill post the pics and hopefully you will add it to the gallery. I love the ICON. It keeps sounding better

Car is 2005 Ford Escape Limited. Due to breakins in my previous rimmed up car, I kept everything stock as far as the car.

33kdpgj.jpg

I was set on gps and a double din but I wanted an active setup so I got this Eclipse avn6600 for a great deal. Im very content with it and it blends well with the interior. Had to enlarge the ford 1.5din opening but I got it flush. and solid. If you look by the shifter you see the adjustments for the KAC-x1r which is exactly like my old beloved basscube.

358thfo.jpg

So to compensate for lack of crossover for a two way active, I checked out the Kenwood kac-x4r and kac x1r. Pretend they dont say Kenwood. These are amazing amps. 5 bands of peq for front, rear and the line out, time allignment, and digital crossovers/phasing. Also full range type d with a small footprint. Ca&e reviewed them and the x4r provided 135 watts a channel at 4 ohms and is rated at 100.

i6cbqb.jpg

I built a false floor with a basin for the amps to not loose any trunk space. For hauling, I simply remove the icon. Ill spare you the fabrication. There are two fans on each amp and a fan on each side on the basin creating a nice flow of air.

no amp covers

34rufcx.jpg

with covers

bdw0h2.jpg

To protect the amps I whipped up this just for a stealth look. I will eventually use grill metal and do something nice, but for now its fine. There are fans in each end of the basin and two in each amp. Excuse the photo quality all I had was my phone and the lighting was bad. As you can see from above, all the black carpeting is a perfect match. Its all the same carpet.

osdf2r.jpg

357lk0h.jpg

The speakers are Seas Lotus 7" rw165 and the tweeters are ESB Otto Milla, the same tweeter Zapco uses in the CK component set and my favorite tweeter to date and I have tried many. The mids play 80-2k and the tweets 2.5k and up. Lots of tuning and it sounds immaculate. The ICON play 80hz and down. Nicely.

Stock location of speakers required active and tuning abilities and with my 7 band peq and the 15 bands on the kenwood. I have it dialed

jq0rbr.jpg

The tweets up close. All metal casing and smooth but detailed. I recommend strongly. Low FS too.

t9zhit.jpg

And of course the ICON 12"d2. 1.2cuft sealed and working very well off 600-700 watts.

Thanks SSA

Edited by tyroneshoes

I'll get this up tomorrow. thanks for the write up as well. Looks like a great set up.

nice clean solid setup right there!

i like the work u did to it.