its_bacon12

Frankenwoofer - TCON style

From past experience, they need a fair amount of break in to get them loose.

They feel like cardboard :)

lol. how would a few hours at a 35 hz sine wave do

Be careful, because this is not a standard ICON we cannot warranty it. We have not tested the soft parts on that motor and will not know the results until you build it. But yes, it is dual stiff spiders.

Be careful, because this is not a standard ICON we cannot warranty it. We have not tested the soft parts on that motor and will not know the results until you build it. But yes, it is dual stiff spiders.

yes i will be careful. i didnt expect a warranty at all because im putting it together and since its a recone on a diff motor.

im really excited to see how it compares to my treo ss10. i also have a matrix elite 12 on its way and a fi q motor soon to be paid for :)

Looking forward to the results.

Looking forward to the results.

me2 :)

its going to be powered by a 1999 DEI 1100d (gains set conservatively ofcourse - atleast til broken in)

project TCON [almost] complete!!!

all left to do is saulder tinsel leads on PICTURES LATER i need to load them first

:horse::wackit:

Edited by its_bacon12

ok i just hooked it up in my car and my ears hurt. i was just listening to rap songs and wow. this thing is LOUD!!

its not as punchy as the treo but i blame that on the stiff spiders and not being broken in yet. id say give it about 2 weeks then i can do a review on it. its a rather large sub and it gets really loud. i know its alot louder than my treo because i just found about 30 more places i need to fix rattles lol

anyways, i have it in the box i had my treo in which is 1.5 internal to 30 hz and its running at 1 ohm off the directed 1100d (1999 model) so 1100w rms or so. it shakes my head when i drive and i havent had any other subwoofer do that. im looking forward to when this beast is broken in. ill get pics up for u guys in a few, i have to find the cord to my phone that hooks up to my computer

...my head hurts now lol

reallly excited about this :D

:)

Nice!!

PICTURE BUMP (2)

heres a pic of it in my car and my incredibly huge box (3.9 gross volume) ((please ignore the ED sticker, i forgot to scrape it off))

0823071239alp7.jpg

Edited by its_bacon12

I would have really liked it, except for the eD sticker. :D

Why such a monster box? Oh and whats the tuning?