Sign in to follow this  

What car, what headunit do you have, and what size/space requirements do you need for your soon to be new front speakers?

car-98 grand prix

HU-Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

size/space-could probally put a 7" in the door and it already has a spot for tweeters

That headunit doesn't have crossovers for running drivers active how are you going to cross them over?

So what are some good 4 channel amps to use. That are somewhat cheap $350 and under.

So going 2-way do i need mid-range or will these also work

peerless

seas

vifa

these tweeters

seas

vifa

peerless

By definition of 2 way there is no extra midrange only driver.

ok here we go starting from scratch $1000 budget. will that be enough to do this.

Need new headunit what are some that will work

Need a new amp for this what are some good ones to use

Whatever is left over is to spend on drivers hopefully dont need more $.

for 2 way active front stage refer to the HU's i suggested in the other thread. probably about 200 bux for most of them on ebay.

Edited by johnnylemoine

On that thread that i have at the top the guy has a sundown sax-100.4 and it says

The Sundown 100.4 can be used to crossover actively and the guy has a Pioneer DEH-P5900iB so couldent i run a 2-way active system that way. And arent ther any other amps that could do that for cheaper.

Also what are some suggestions for drivers?

You could use your amps, but I would highly suggest something like a headunit in particular for a first try. It is much simpler i fyou can make changes in the front of the car and not have to pop the trunk. Also, you might be just as well off in the long run as you should be able to sell your headunit and the amps will be cheaper without, in particular if you can buy used amps.

For a new h/u I really think the 880 is bang for the buck the best. Some people have had issues with them so get it from a good place, but I love the flexibilyt of it.

So is $310 a good price for that headunit. So now we have that covered. On to an amp and the drivers. Probaly want to spend a round $300 on an amp do i want a 2 or 4 channel and what are some ideas. And spend around $300 on drivers what are some options there.

You need a four channel amp or two 2-channels.

x2 on the 880. By 880, M5 means pioneer premier DEH-P880PRS if you were confused.

Just installed mine a few days ago and I couldn't be more happy. The adjustments just make all the difference.

Good luck!

What sort of listening preferences and installation locations do you have? Also, would help to know if you have a metal/soft tweet preference or cone preference.

Im just looking for a front stage that will blend good with my substage which is most likely going to be an FI Q. So this is going to be a SQ system.

So what are some good 4 channel amps that are $350 and under.

What are some good drivers that will work in this install.

Im just looking for a front stage that will blend good with my substage which is most likely going to be an FI Q. So this is going to be a SQ system.

So what are some good 4 channel amps that are $350 and under.

What are some good drivers that will work in this install.

Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

Lots of good ones. In fact for what you are doing I wouldn't shy away from used. It all depends on what exactly you think you need.

how much power should i send those tweets i havent seen anything about what the can take. That will help find the right amp. And what about crossovers.

Edited by joe dirte

how much power should i send those tweets i havent seen anything about what the can take. That will help find the right amp. And what about crossovers.

Helix Dark Blue 4 channel will let you run active. That's what I use. Woofersetc has them for $300....

Don't worry about the tweeters, worry about the mids. You can always turn your gains down.