Mark LaFountain

SSA going to help out Realmofexcursion.com

i also agree this could benifit both parties, but if i was an admin/mod here, i would be on the look out for the diapers to arive and try and drop thier crap in here. That forum has become overrun with whinny cry babies and sh!t starters. Good luck to all...

i also agree this could benifit both parties, but if i was an admin/mod here, i would be on the look out for the diapers to arive and try and drop thier crap in here. That forum has become overrun with whinny cry babies and sh!t starters. Good luck to all...

We allready are! We'll have to bulk up mods on both forums.

so what exactly does this maintenance involve?

basically just Aaron and I doing some small structuring of forums, trying to sway the general members from flamming and such, and Aaron and I answering ROE emails and such...

we won't have all the answers untill we get into the thick of it. Looking forward to this opportunity though.

Helloooo

Im a resident mod from over at ROE

I'll try my best to hang out on here and make new friends!!!

woooow I just read.

People really dont like ROE here :(

Meh I was appointed to be a mod there back in January this year. At that point I went to work to try and change the way the forum was. This involving Inappropriate content and just stupid E-war crap. It escalated and the other mods were helping clean it up. As of recently its only been myself and another moderator who has stepped up to help keep it under control. Every time we closed a stupid thread they'de come back with 3 more each being locked and infractions got dealt.

People got butt hurt at that point and threw up the Nazi Mod thing. I dont give a crap about that at all. I'm sorry you all see ROE as immature but hey. I cant control the youngin's that come on and try to start crap. All i can do is lock/remove the threads and put up with there crap when they complain about it.

As for people coming over. I think thats inevitable. This is a joint operation and joining the others site is called support. Thats why I'm here. I support the efforts to help sites that need help. If SSA was kind enough to help ROE out you better believe I'm going to attempt to help them out as much as humanly possible!

Oh well

my little rant :?

I for one, am glad we all seem to be on the same page.

I didn't realize that ROE had turned CA.com esque. That's a bummer. Hopefully with Mark and Aaron's new Admin powers, they can ban some of the shennanigans that is happening in the forum.

We'll be ok here. There are usually always two moderators/supermods/admins on at all times.

We have weird bed times.

I for one, am glad we all seem to be on the same page.

I didn't realize that ROE had turned CA.com esque. That's a bummer. Hopefully with Mark and Aaron's new Admin powers, they can ban some of the shennanigans that is happening in the forum.

shenanigans.gif

I had to..lol

Good to hear we are all on the same page. Just waiting on admin rights over there to get started.

As far as people coming over here to start problems, our mod team is more then capable of handling it. I would say we have one of the best mod teams online to date!

Meh I was appointed to be a mod there back in January this year. At that point I went to work to try and change the way the forum was. This involving Inappropriate content and just stupid E-war crap. It escalated and the other mods were helping clean it up. As of recently its only been myself and another moderator who has stepped up to help keep it under control. Every time we closed a stupid thread they'de come back with 3 more each being locked and infractions got dealt.
I know exactly how that is - I've been a moderator on Caraudio now for 2+ years. That's also why I don't go there anymore, I'd rather spend my online time in a place where the majority of the users are smarter than I am. That's how I like to learn things...

I appreciate a lot what Shon did in support of the 12 Challenge, between the drivers and the web space he gave, he didn't have to do any of that. That was really nice.

Hopefully those shenanigans don't come this way

But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun? :D

I know exactly how that is - I've been a moderator on Caraudio now for 2+ years. That's also why I don't go there anymore, I'd rather spend my online time in a place where the majority of the users are smarter than I am. That's how I like to learn things...

I appreciate a lot what Shon did in support of the 12 Challenge, between the drivers and the web space he gave, he didn't have to do any of that. That was really nice.

Hopefully those shenanigans don't come this way
But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun? :D

ROE's shenanigans are cruel and tragic... which makes them not really shenanigans at all

No cruel & tragic will happen here.

ROE, there is a few good folks over there...

Can't say too much about the rest of them...

even some of the MODS are a lil ?!?!?!?!?!?

Does this mean that ampguts will get updated? I sent in a gem a few months ago, but have yet to see it posted.

No cruel & tragic will happen here.

I just took one more step to ensure that. ;)

Does this mean that ampguts will get updated? I sent in a gem a few months ago, but have yet to see it posted.

We have to get all the details worked out for Ampguts and the videos. Not sure if we can handle that much from two very active forums. We will see.

well, I guess I'll hang up my mod hat on ROE then. If Shon doesn't trust me enough to give me admin access like I've asked for for a year, so that the mods actually have teeth, and wants to bring in outside help, I guess he doesn't need me anymore. I've been trying to get Shon to take actions for a while, but he refused to give anyone admin access, so good luck to you guys. I try to moderate fairly, but still get crapped on a lot, but oh well, what can you do?

Edited by stratusrt01

i'm glad you guys are helping out. I spend most of my time over there but i come over here a bit since it seems to be one of the most in control forums and i can actually learn. I don't often gain much knowledge over there... i'm more there to help really.

imo the moderation staff has been a a bit underpowered for a while on Roe. I think 2 more mods would help that site quite a bit. Although i would say pick some mods from over there, just to kind of keep the atmosphere the same...with less chit...there isn't a whole lot to pick from.. A lot of the people that would have deserved it left..since it got so out of control.

Even if the forums did merge the idiots would be weeded out pretty quickly by you guys.

The idiots on ROE would be weeded out if the mods had the power to take care of them and not give out "warnings"........

true that rich..........i just dont like the way the place is handled as of late. I'll be the first to say that my posting over there has dropped off alot cuz of the e thugs that hang out there and constantly hate on people cuz they dont use this product or that product. Whatever i guess more power to SSA for the help i just wish the people on ROE knew they were messing crap up but none of them seem to think its there fault just point fingers at other people.

Heh Nice to see ya over here dRaGGin loW

:waves: heeelllllllooooo :D