TribeamConnek

Is the Lanzar Opti 4000D and 6000D any good

I am buying 2 of either amp and I wanted to know whether anybody has had a positive experience with either of these amps.

I've had decent luck with Lanzars...but I've never used one of their classD amps.

They are generally regarded as low-end. For approx the same money we can probably find you a better quality amplifier that will last longer.

Budget? Goals? Voice coils the amp will see (load you plan on running it at)?

I am buying 2 of either amp and I wanted to know whether anybody has had a positive experience with either of these amps.

Very similar to the Soundstream XXX-6500 and XXX-10000.

I owned a Opti4000D. Loved it. Ran it on (4) AVA 15's for a couple of months, and then (16) Panasonic 10" for a couple of months. Never got hot, never had a problem.

For this price, the opti6000D looks like a heck of an amp to me. . . .

The opti amps are nice for the money. The opti4000d shares the same boared as few other amps, suchs as Soundstream xxx6500 and Ground Zero GZPA 1.6000D. My friend is currently running a opti2000d @ .5 ohms daily to a pair of cvx 10's and its holding up nicly. Does rated power also.

The Opti's are all great amps, the Vibes just barely put out rated power.

I'm not sure "Great" is an adjective I would use to describe Lanzar products post 1996.

The VHC line is superior to the Opti line, and older stuff is FAR superior to anything made today. And yes, the "Vibe" line is crap.

I'm not sure "Great" is an adjective I would use to describe Lanzar products post 1996.

The VHC line is superior to the Opti line, and older stuff is FAR superior to anything made today. And yes, the "Vibe" line is crap.

You should do some research on current Lanzar's.

Sure the ratings on the Heritage, MAX, and Vibrant are a little inflated, but the Vibe puts out rated power, and the Opti is a SOLID line.

It's because of the other crappy lines that Lanzar sells that cause people to be confused with how good some of the amps are. 80's and 90's Lanzar's were made by Zed, early 90's they dropped Zed. But the Opti's continued with the quality boards.

And before you try to come back with an argument, the Opti2000D puts out 1900wrms @ .5 ohms 14.4v. They also handle voltages from 12v through 16v. Stock. No mods.

Doesn't sound like a bad amp to me.

You should do some research on current Lanzar's.

Sure the ratings on the Heritage, MAX, and Vibrant are a little inflated, but the Vibe puts out rated power, and the Opti is a SOLID line.

It's because of the other crappy lines that Lanzar sells that cause people to be confused with how good some of the amps are. 80's and 90's Lanzar's were made by Zed, early 90's they dropped Zed. But the Opti's continued with the quality boards.

And before you try to come back with an argument, the Opti2000D puts out 1900wrms @ .5 ohms 14.4v. They also handle voltages from 12v through 16v. Stock. No mods.

Doesn't sound like a bad amp to me.

I never said they don't do rated power. I said they aren't as good as they were before they sold to pyramid. I have owned SEVERAL blue/grey opti's, and I'm running a big VHC in my wifes BMW right now. They are OK amps...better can be had for the same price.

And don't try and tell me that the board makes the amp, you know as well as I that the COMPONENTS attached to the board determine the "quality" of the amp. Since ZED stopped making them, they ARE NOT THE SAME QUALITY.

nevermind nevermind nevermind, you're right I'm wrong, you're smart, I'm stupid...anything else you NEED to feel better about yourself?

Of course the old Optis are better. But you really cannot compare older amps to new as it was a different era and economy and lifetime quality took precedence over cheap power. AND Zed stopped making the original Opti line long before Lanzar switched hands. AND the components mean shit if the circuit design (board) is not worth a shit.

By the VHC amps do you mean Vibe High Current, because if so, they cannot shake a stick at the Opti line. The only better that can be had for the same price is unauthorized or used. You can get equal for the same price, but not better.

The Lanzar OptiDrives are GREAT amps and have continued to be proven performers throughout their lifetime.

I could go on with this, but as John has pointed out. . .