Sign in to follow this  
donpisto

Where is SS located and thinking about gettin one

Just wondering where is SoundSplinter located and if it is possible to pick up a sub in person to save on shipping costs.

Also, I have an '01 Accord sedan and I'm thinking of going with a single RL-p 18" driver. It will be pushed by a DLS A6 at 1 ohm (1200w). Is it better to go sealed or ported? I just took out my DD 9515 and the enclosure for that is 5.5 cubes net I believe. I really want to get loud when needed. I did a 140.4 recently with a Kicker ZX 2500.1 so I'm looking to get into the 140's with the RL-p on the A6. Is it possible? Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'm either gonna use the RL-p 18 or a 12" Brahma MKI. Brahma will be gettin same power on same amp and will be in 2.8 cubes tuned to 30 Hz. Thanks for any and all help!

Mike (SS owner) lives in the LA, CA area, and yes, he does do local pick ups.

I'd expect the Rlp18 to wallop the Brahma. Port it and enjoy!

I'd expect the Rlp18 to wallop the Brahma. Port it and enjoy!

It will be in a trunk setup, think I have enough room? I have 5 cubes total to work with (net volume). La Canada huh? I work work for the City of Glendale so its actually in the same vicinity. Look pickups = :) The, prices on their website are including or excluding shipping?

Mike lives in La Canada...rich punk :P

I'm not rich, I'm just lucky! tongue2.gif

I've always liked the saying, "It's better to be lucky than it is to be smart." (hopefully I have a bit of both!) :P

And yes, Don Pisto, if you're in the area I'm sure we could work a paper for metal swap. I've PM'd you my contact number, though as I am also involved in a few other businesses and have a knack for neglecting my phone, it may be a bit difficult to catch me on there. Leave a message and your number for a return call, or just email me and I can get back to you at any odd hour of the day 'n night.

On your setup, I've never really been into the SPL game as all I'm lookin' for personally is a damn fine listening experience (and going deaf ain't a part of it! ;) ). BUT, the RL-p18 could feasibly work in your car -- Certainly sealed, and if you want a peaky ported SPL box, you could get away with that too using your entire trunk space and tuning up into the high 30's. Heck you could even come close to fitting the well-responsed 5 cu ft @ 27 Hz enclosure that I typically recommend for car audio setups using this driver.