tejcurrent

4 18" BTL Build

now thats a nice build...u making me want a truck..i want to do 4 18's

more vids please

Thanks a lot. Woking on my painting skills, I'm painting the baffle and making the amps mount a bit different, just need to find the time.

Awesome man!

How do you like the subs so far?

Not too shabby.

Box looks AMAZING, that's for sure.

Good choice on amps, too. Just don't let THE voltage drop TOO low.

I may have missed it, but what alternators do you have right now, & how many?

That score will leap up when you get THE new alternators.

Nick- I love the subs. I couldn't be happier. I was amazed at how loud it was with as little power as they were getting, (they only move about 1/2-3/4 of an inch peak-to-peak on 29hz tones with no filter), I just don't have them getting enough power. 12v ac doesn't do them any justice :)

I like the sound of this box much better than the previous two- I listen to a lot of rock/metal and they seem to get the faster kickdrums much better- but it still retains the low end very well. Every person who's heard the system near me has said 'that's the loudest thing I've heard', or 'you're the loudest vehicle in conway/myrtle beach'. Again, with 1/4 to 1/5 the power they'll be getting they're already making a big impression on people near here. :D

J31Rob, I have 1 135a stock alternator and 3 Optima Yellow tops on 1 run of 1/0. This is why they aren't getting more than about 12v ac each on full out -0 test tones. Even still it drops to 11v dc at the amps and theres some heating up with the subs after maybe 2-3 songs or several straight minutes of test tones (don't do that often ;) ).

I'm really excited to get the alternators- I've got some pretty high hopes. I'm really considering running a 16v setup, just debating if its worth it. From what I understand the memphis amps are supposed to really shine with higher voltage. I think stinger came out with a battery that has a 16v side and a 12v side so I can just have 16v batteries in back and run the cars computer stuff off the 12v side, but I can't find one anywhere. That would be great to not have to keep an alternator for 12v. If anyone knows where I can find one of those batteries please let me know/post a link, I can't find it anymore :P

I think if I get 2 iraggi 260s with external voltage regulators with a few 16v batteries in back I might be OK for a while till I can get the cash for the 2 remaining alternators. Anyone with any thoughts on that idea I'm all ears- NO ONE here- shops included can tell me anything about it. It will still be atleast next month before I get even 1 or 2 alternators with the way things are looking, but even that will be a huge improvement.

I wouln't mind coming to MB just to hear that. I am still working on my setup. I am still plan on getting the Fi BL's, but I bought a couple of MB Quart 15's and they hit pretty well. I guess I will have to just get eight of them and an Atomic 5000 watt amp for now. I stay in Orangeburg as I said when I emailed you before. Keep up the good work and I will try to meet up with you one day for a battle and may the best man win.

I wouln't mind coming to MB just to hear that. I am still working on my setup. I am still plan on getting the Fi BL's, but I bought a couple of MB Quart 15's and they hit pretty well. I guess I will have to just get eight of them and an Atomic 5000 watt amp for now. I stay in Orangeburg as I said when I emailed you before. Keep up the good work and I will try to meet up with you one day for a battle and may the best man win.

Awesome fing05.gif

I'd love to hear that- there's NOTHING like that around here. My stock charing system is aweful, but I wouldn't mind hearing your system regardless. Let me know, maybe there'll be a show somewhere in between one day? love to see a build on the 8 15s btw...

J31Rob, I have 1 135a stock alternator and 3 Optima Yellow tops on 1 run of 1/0. This is why they aren't getting more than about 12v ac each on full out -0 test tones. Even still it drops to 11v dc at the amps and theres some heating up with the subs after maybe 2-3 songs or several straight minutes of test tones (don't do that often ;) ).

Good God.. you're gonna notice a HUGE audible difference once you get new alts.. :drink40:

Okay, all done. I carpeted part of it and decided just to have it painted. I'm drawing up some designs, but I need to get ahold of the friend who can do it for me. When I pull it out I'll probably add a few more pieces of rod and some more 'glass, but it's working good for now.

418s_box_82.jpg

Here it is, like I said it needs painted.

418s_box_83.jpg

8guage speaker wires.

418s_box_84.jpg

DSCN0110.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

And it's all in place! Better pics of that once it's painted.

th_30hz.jpg

Here's a 30hz tone

th_joungjoctrack5.jpg

Young joc track 5 off the new cd

bass1.jpg

I went to a pawn show where a guy asked me to stop by when I had things finished, after about 30seconds of music they pointed to where their bikes had fallen over from the bass (must not have been propped up that good).

th_DSCN0165.jpg

That's some door movement- all windows up. I don't know how well it picked up but it moves in and out a good bit.

th_DSCN0166.jpg

Shop windows flexing

Hair tricks?

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b126/der...=hairtrick2.flv

Mohawk to Beats 4 my Van

And a few shots from the show last saturday- set a state record in beg. hardcore of 152.6

000_0013.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

I'm giving each sub around 12v AC, so less than 4krms total till I get the new alternators in, Im still holding a steady 11v dc at the rear during steady 30+ second notes, so I'm happy with the score.

not too b

Great Score :drink40:

where did you have the meter ???

Thanks!

I want to say it was at the dash, but the guys who ran the thing were placing it different places different times. It COULD have been in the kick on that one. I know when I was sitting in the car playing with it before running I hit 152.6 on the dash.

Opening the door made a huge difference though- I did 152.7 sealed at a volume of 25, that 152.7 in the pic was at a volume of 21/22 with the door open- so there's some room to play (I was breaking 140 at a volume of 20 sealed up).

My alternator is starting to go now, and unfortunately I don't have the cash to dump into my electrical system yet. I might have to just get one 260 to hold me over for a bit till I can get the others- maybe a 2 bracket and keep the factory in there too for now...

Can anyone tell me if those MCD4KW amps will take 16v for daily use? I'd love to go to a 16v setup, but I don't know if I'll have to worry about damaging the amps. Thanks.

Edited by tejcurrent

I went to a show a few weeks ago, pulled a 154.3 with the drivers door open- 3 yellowtops, 1 run of 1/0, 1 factory 135a alternator. With some playing around I did a 152.7 or 152.8 (can't remember) on music.

Yesterday I went to another show, I added a 2nd run of 1/0 and added a redtop under the hood- making it a total of 3 yellowtops in back now. I was able to gain .6db the first run to hit 154.9, but never made it for the 2nd run. I'm sure I could've broken 155 because of some complications the first run. Hopefully I'll have atleast 2 alternators by Christmas. If a piece of wire and a battery can add over half a db, I've got high hopes fing05.gif Just thought I'd update.

I thought I replied already? Hm, anyway, no I didn't. I had over $1k in taxes I didn't expect suck up a lot of alternator money. I will get one by the end of the month, and hopefully the other 3 by feb.

I had a memphis 4k go out on me this week (nothing I did that I can tell, but I guess I'll find out). So that'll take up alt money to get fixed too :(

While removing the amp I decided to finish the box. I'm going to have the top painted and vinyl the box itself to match the vehicle. Add a few more coats of 'glass inside and drop the tuning from 36 (34 in car) to about 33 (31 in car). I'm hoping to get some better hair tricks out of dropping the tuning, even if I lose a bit on the meter.

Edited by tejcurrent

I'm still waiting for Memphis to ship my amp back. They said they should have it finished and back out this week, so I'm hoping to have it by my birthday (the 11th).

I bought the 5th battery today, and I think the last one. 1 red top for under the hood and 4 yellows in back:

07.jpg

I redid all the wiring and added a run of 1/0 ground from the front to the back. I decided to solder all the connections while I was at it too.

06.jpg

01-1.jpg

Cutting the amp rack for under the seat and drilling some holes to put in amps/fuses/line driver/EQ I hope to get (I really want a RF 360).

02-1.jpg

Closest carpet color I could find to match, the camera makes it look far off from the vehicle, but it's actually pretty close.

04-1.jpg

Back in the vehicle, still have some stuff to add on there, but I'll have it finished tomarrow.

I built the 32hz port, I'll have pics of that tomarrow, and hopefully I'll have the box vinyled so I can put it back in. It'll be a few more days for me to get the trim panel covered in bondo, sanded, and painted, but I can have the subs in there without that for a few days.

More pics tomarrow/tuesday depending on when i get time. I'm tring to see if I can work around 70 hours this week to pick up some extra cash so I can get those alternators in!

More power ! Yikes.

Nice 4 channel btw :D

I don't know if your still lookin for a 16v/12v battery but i know kinetik makes one and they have them on ebay all the time for ok prices just thought i would let you know but you probably already know if so sorry to bother

I don't know if your still lookin for a 16v/12v battery but i know kinetik makes one and they have them on ebay all the time for ok prices just thought i would let you know but you probably already know if so sorry to bother

Thanks Adrian.

I'm still considering it, but for right now I'm going to stick with 12v. I just don't want to have to worry about the seperate charging systems. Thanks again though!

Edited by tejcurrent

Thanks Adrian.

I'm still considering it, but for right now I'm going to stick with 12v. I just don't want to have to worry about the seperate charging systems. Thanks again though!

do u want to gain atleast a few tenths on the meter?

take the 4 yellowetops out and slap 2 powermaster g3100 batts in there