Sign in to follow this  
elkiko2004

btl 18'' fully loaded problem

Sounds like an amp issue. If a sub cuts off, it wont come back on again... cant say I have seen intermitant things happen with a sub that wasnt electrical related. Although the amp doesnt go into protect, it might be pushed beyond its limits. The fact that the volume goes to 80 and you are only at 55 doesnt mean that you arent pushing the amp beyond its capabilities. This is where proper gain settings come into play. I have seen many amps clip, cut out, and act very weird without ever going into protect.

Does this happen at a specific freqeuncy as well, or just when pushed beyond "55" on the volume?

Thanks,

Scott

Have you done anything to set things up properly?

thanks scott. the amp its not clippin bro. the gain is just 1/4....i used to push two mtx 9500 dvc 4 with this amp, with the same gain, and they took even 65 on volume without clipping. i dont think it is an amp problem. if the motor isnt universal and the recone is dual 2 ?? that could be the problem <??

You mean to tell me, you have a dual1 motor and dual2 recone in it?

yea the motor is dual 1 ( its not the universal ) and the recone its dual 2....so that could be the problem ??

Well... while it would be a problem, I wouldnt say that it is this problem. That would lead to the coil rubbing through due to the tight toplate/coil OD tolerences than normal. But when that becomes the problem, the outer coil will open and it wont work... it wont be a "sometimes" problem.

It still sounds like an amp issue to me. It could simply be that the impedance rise for this setup isnt enough for the amp and something goes awry. If youd like to send the sub in we can check it out, but Id rather exaust all other outlets before that. It is far from cheap to send one to us... and Id hate for everything to be OK on it and find the issue elsewhere. Can you repeatably make it do this? If so, hook a multimeter to it and see if the amp is still making power when it has the issue. If there is still the same AC voltage coming out of the amp when the sub shuts off... well then we know its the sub. But I have yet to see anything like that occur.

Thanks,

Scott

Sounds like an amp issue. If a sub cuts off, it wont come back on again... cant say I have seen intermitant things happen with a sub that wasnt electrical related. Although the amp doesnt go into protect, it might be pushed beyond its limits. The fact that the volume goes to 80 and you are only at 55 doesnt mean that you arent pushing the amp beyond its capabilities. This is where proper gain settings come into play. I have seen many amps clip, cut out, and act very weird without ever going into protect.

Does this happen at a specific freqeuncy as well, or just when pushed beyond "55" on the volume?

Thanks,

Scott

well, scott you know bro that mmats amps are not cheap trash amps...they are built ok. ive seen btl dual 2 playin with those ugly hifonics and they're play nice. the gain its only 1/4....and the HU its way down from its fullest (80 max) so its not an amp problem.i dont think so. the problem apears with songs with the bass around 35 hz like dj UNK WALK IT OUT track....this doesnt hapens with a 20 hz tone for example.....

so you're setting the gain but how?? i founf with my eclipse deck i couldn't turn the gain down far enough to not clip(you would think that if the gain is down all the way it wouldn't clip right?? WRONG!!) i had to change it to the mono subwoofer setting on the deck and even then the gain was still all the way down and it would clip slightly. reset your gain using a dmm or an oscope and see if that helps. but just because your gain is only 1/4 of the way up doesn't mean it's not clipping. plus you wouldn't be able to hear it if it was at that volume.

so you're setting the gain but how?? i founf with my eclipse deck i couldn't turn the gain down far enough to not clip(you would think that if the gain is down all the way it wouldn't clip right?? WRONG!!) i had to change it to the mono subwoofer setting on the deck and even then the gain was still all the way down and it would clip slightly. reset your gain using a dmm or an oscope and see if that helps. but just because your gain is only 1/4 of the way up doesn't mean it's not clipping. plus you wouldn't be able to hear it if it was at that volume.

well, is the amp is clippin, its got nothing to do with the sub problem, i insist it is the sub, i check everything and all its all right. the noise that the sub make its strage, i can hear it in the union between the spider and the coil, above the dust cap...i hear that noise right there inside.....

clipping could be a problem, i wouldn't rule it out. have you taken the sub out and see if there is anything physicla with the sub that you can see??

clipping could be a problem, i wouldn't rule it out. have you taken the sub out and see if there is anything physicla with the sub that you can see??

yes bro i did that exactly, i didnt find any anormaly....it seems to be all righ....as i said, i can hear the noise right above the dust cap.....

i had a problem with my tinsels slapping the back of my cone. thought i was clipping the sub because i could hear it. take a look at the felt under th cone and see if there is any marking there.

Sign in to follow this