Sign in to follow this  
tez4life

ICON 15s?

Would a pair tuned to 30hz give me a good amount of low end? Should I tune lower? Subs are going in the trunk of a 04 Ford Crown Victoria, port and subs rear firing. Would a 1500d running at .5 ohm be too much power for them or just right? Already have the amp, just took a notice to these subs recently and all the positive feedback on them. Any help or nudge in the right direction is greatly apperciated, thanks.

Tuning any lower is relatively unnecessary for most people. 30Hz is a very acceptable tuning frequency for a vehicle on music.

As for power handling, they can handle a great deal of power if you're familiar with how power works. I'm quite confident that two can handle a SAZ-1500D at 0.5 ohm thermally (which will probably be over 1 ohm after impedance rise), but it is very important that you have the necessary electrical system to support the SAZ-1500D at 0.5 ohm. They'll handle it, but when you start running out of current to supply the amplifier, you put it in damage (and the ICON as well). Have you given any thought to an aftermarket alternator and/or battery?

Tuning any lower is relatively unnecessary for most people. 30Hz is a very acceptable tuning frequency for a vehicle on music.

As for power handling, they can handle a great deal of power if you're familiar with how power works. I'm quite confident that two can handle a SAZ-1500D at 0.5 ohm thermally (which will probably be over 1 ohm after impedance rise), but it is very important that you have the necessary electrical system to support the SAZ-1500D at 0.5 ohm. They'll handle it, but when you start running out of current to supply the amplifier, you put it in damage (and the ICON as well). Have you given any thought to an aftermarket alternator and/or battery?

Very much so, the orginal plan was a pair of 1500ds on a pair of Audioque HDc3s, but dont have the financies to build a solid enough electrical to support them. For the ICONs, I was think about a 200 to 250 Alt, Deka batt under the hood and a Deka G31 in the trunk to support the 1500d and my mids and highs amp. How does that sound?

That should be just fine. Lots of storage and sufficient charging capabilities.

No problem. Be sure to post up and take some pictures once you get things going.

No problem. Be sure to post up and take some pictures once you get things going.

I most certainly will. The Icons seem like some very capable drivers and right up my alley. Im going to do a build log as well.

If you wanted to run the amp at 1 ohm, ICONs now come in Dual 1 ohm.

I considered that too denim, but I wanted to make sure that I was feeding them enough power. Would they peform as well off of 1500 watts? Or is it really worth trying to run my Sundown that low daily to gain a lil more output?

I considered that too denim, but I wanted to make sure that I was feeding them enough power. Would they peform as well off of 1500 watts? Or is it really worth trying to run my Sundown that low daily to gain a lil more output?

That is your call. I don't want to bias you either way, because I cannot say or guess at the difference with out testing. Not to mention I have not played with the 1500D wired below 1ohm.