beesting

Amp for 2 Rli-8's

I'm on the list for a pr. of Rli-8's and was looking at a US amps XT4000D xTERMINATOR to power them. I'm gonna have to ditch my Memphis 500.1 but it was only temporary anyhow. Whaddaya think. It can be had for 250 on fleabay.

My pockets aren't much deeper than that either.

Thoughts...........? :ughdunno:

Edited by beesting

I'm on the list for a pr. of Rli-8's and was looking at a US amps XT4000D xTERMINATOR to power them. I'm gonna have to ditch my Memphis 500.1 but it was only temporary anyhow. Whaddaya think. It can be had for 250 on fleabay.

My pockets aren't much deeper than that either.

Thoughts...........? :ughdunno:

If you keep it turned down low, you'll be ok with it. I have 2 running off a Directed 1500d in a ported box, and thay sound awsome.

If you keep it turned down low, you'll be ok with it. I have 2 running off a Directed 1500d in a ported box, and thay sound awsome.

Yeah, I figured to keep the gain low. I have an AX1000 powering my front stage with the gain down below 1/2 and I've been real happy to this point. It's pushing a pr. of CDT 07 braxials (soon to add the upstage to the mix to pull the stage up).

Think the XT2000D would be enough? I like plenty of headroom.

Are the xterminators being mfg. back in the states now? I heard some year models were being made in Korea after US amps moved out of Fl. to Cali. .

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe look into the Merlin MD1D instead.