Sign in to follow this  
MKader17

High Wattage Passive Components

Im goin for a loud clear setup. i plan on gettin a 4 channel amp with channels 1/2 used for mid-basses, and 3/4 bridged to handle 2 10" SD-1's. then a 2 channel amp to handle tweeter duty. all this ran off of headunit with no external processing in a 98' nissan maxima non-bose.

the whole budget including headunit, 4-channel, 2-channel, mids, tweets

=$1000

Cruise the for sale section at Elite Car Audio, DIYMA, and here.....always some good stuff available for good prices.

6.5 and tweets

Great set, great price, just leave the passives in the box and sell them off when (if) you ever upgrade.

option 2

Just a little more money but all the rage for SQ on a couple other boards...one word of caution, you can over power these, but they rock from the reviews.

Down to $550-$600

Edited by finebar4

Kev, just pointing out your typo in your first post. You linked him to the right unit but swapped the 5 & 4. The 8445 does not have adequate crossovers, but the 8454 and 8455 surely do. (8443 as well in the 84xx series)

edit: others do as well of course, and I only bring it up to insure the reader or other readers don't go buy that one.

Check this for your head, will control everything from the deck.

Head unit

That leaves $750 for amps and speakers

do u know if that headunit is able to be hooked up to an ipod like the pioneers?

i really like how the pioneers look. also which pioneers are the best for active setups? preferably 1 din

Check this for your head, will control everything from the deck.

Head unit

That leaves $750 for amps and speakers

do u know if that headunit is able to be hooked up to an ipod like the pioneers?

i really like how the pioneers look. also which pioneers are the best for active setups? preferably 1 din

The Eclipse has an AUX-in pair of RCA's, on my son's we just took a rca to mini adaptor and his IPOD plays just fine, but you still use the IPOD controls, none built into the deck. I will see what I can find ya Pioneer

DEH-P880PRS is where they start using three way x-overs. The 660 has a low pass for the subs and a high pass if you go passive, the 880 adds a bandpass for the mids and a high pass for the tweeters.

DEH-P880PRS is where they start using three way x-overs. The 660 has a low pass for the subs and a high pass if you go passive, the 880 adds a bandpass for the mids and a high pass for the tweeters.

the 790 has the same specs pretty much as the 690 right? the 880 would be the one i would have to go with. i just wish the 880 looked more like the 690 and 790 with the one knob conf. i like that way more lol

The 980 has the single knob and a 3-way X-over...but now your budget is going out the window. $600, for amps, speakers and deadening is going to be tight...don't get me wrong, there are deals to be had, you just have to be diligent.

As early as the 9833 the Alpines would control an Ipod and still had the BEP in the 9833, 9835, 9855 models. These would allow both, or the Pio 880 and 9800 as well. I know the 9800 requires an Ipod interface and not sure on the others. Hell I don't even have an Ipod.

As early as the 9833 the Alpines would control an Ipod and still had the BEP in the 9833, 9835, 9855 models. These would allow both, or the Pio 880 and 9800 as well. I know the 9800 requires an Ipod interface and not sure on the others. Hell I don't even have an Ipod.

lol i just like having it cuz u dont have to truck all those cds around and i wanna use it cuz i have sort of a kool spot i wanna "hide it" lol

ya i guess the 880 will do it just looks so plan lol i will check the alpines in the morning

by the way thanks for all yals help :thanx:

hey m5

u got any ideas for some mid bass that are about $100 a piece that are sold separate from the tweets.

and tweets that run around $50 a piece and mk was talkin to be about gettin large format tweets.

thanks.

mk also told me to look around madisound.com but i really couldnt decide on what was the best bang for the buck

Perhaps you mean a set of drivers for $300 total?

What sort of vehicle, what type of mounting, what type of power, what sort of listening habits, anything you have heard in the past you really like...

its a 98' nissan maxima SE non-bose. i will be putting the mids in the doors(replacing the old ones) and deading the door. the tweets i wanna mount on the door by the handle like in the Bose edidtion models. i listen to rock and rap mostly, i want the crisp sound quality and the extra bump when listening to rap. Mk has a nice set of DLS 6.5" comps i like the sound quility form the tweets but the woofer just doesnt hit as hard as i thought it would.

Hmmm, never really heard midbass in rap before. Noting your listening preferences that should probably come out of your sub.

well some nice midbass would be great when listening to rock, when u really dont want the thump of the subs. basically im looking for a midbass woofer that will get low and blend well with a 1" silk dome tweet. i will be using 2 10" SD-1 subs in a ported 2.5 ft^3 @ 28-30 Hz Ported.

Edited by Tmax98

Will they be on or off axis?

If you haven't read Zaphaudio's midbass reviews yet, do that.

A pic of your door would be great.

Also, have you decided on processing yet? It will make a bit of a difference in what drivers you could run.

alright i will try to get the pic of my door up by sunday. also where would i be able to find the eclipse 8454, and the alpines u were talking about?

Only used, so whereever you buy used gear. Here, other forums, ebay, and craigslist.