Sign in to follow this  
MKader17

High Wattage Passive Components

alright i will try to get the pic of my door up by sunday. also where would i be able to find the eclipse 8454, and the alpines u were talking about?

That Eclipse in the link I posted on page 3 is still available as far as I know. Great unit. I have the 8455, my son has the 8454, neither of us have ever had an issue with them.

880 is good. Where are the tweets in your car? I am not so sure that I like the stock blose location.

i have just the stock coxials in the doors. thats what im trying to decide on where to put the tweets, i sort of like how the clean look of the bose location of the tweets. where would u recommend i put them?

i have choosen the Peerless Exclusive 830883 - 7" woofer after reading some of the previous threads i will choose the tweets later tonight.

As close to the mid as possible or up in the pillars. Sort of depends if you go large or small format tweet though. The Exclusive is a great driver, but the Scan Revelator and any of the Seas pretty much will have more stout midbass which I thought was your original goal.

ya i was looking at some of other post and saw that u mentioned the Exclusives, the Revelator is a lil out of my price range. i would say like $100-125 for each mid bass which would u recommend of the seas or any others?

Depends a bit on your listening preferences. The L18, CA18, ER18, and NX18 are all great drivers but have a very different sound as well. The NX would be great, but too much dough. The CA and L will have the most midbass, but the L is aluminum and has a nasty breakup mode you have to tame with your headunit. Considering it is your first active setup I'd lean towards the CA or ER with the CA being the easiest to implement.

lets go with this one seas prestige CA18RNX, now which tweets match the best with this one.

Almost anything which is the beauty of that driver. What are your preferences? Heard any tweeters that you like? How about component sets? Are you willing to run a large format tweeter?

i have heard micheals dls components and the tweets are nice, also i have heard the stock rockford fosgate tweets in my dads 01' nissan frontier. they fit the bill to. i am willing to run a large format tweeter but im not quite sure where i will put them.

If you can fit one and cosmetically it is okay with you I would generally prefer it. Which DLS components does Kader have?

he is running the dls R6A. also im in the process of trying to get some info from a maxima forum but that forum is sort of crap lol

Edited by Tmax98

just wondering where i would put a large format tweet, or maybe the optimal placement for a 1" silk dome tweeter

I've seen large formats in dash locations before...seems to work very well if there's a lot of depth out to the windshield.

In the kicks would be another choice, if the midbass/midrange is going there anyway.

Even in the door close to the midrange would work, but there it is a cosmetic issue of how you deal with making it blend.

ya that is what im worried about i really dont wanna go cuttting up the door. im in the process of looking for some kick panels and looking at my options for putting them in the pillar

Gonna have to build your own if you want to go that route, the Qlogic's are pretty much crap in my book and by the time you put the effort in reinforcing them you might as well build your own.

Gonna have to build your own if you want to go that route,

mmmmm do I smell fiberglass?

I think fitting a large format behind the speaker grill would be best or for a small format, up in the pillars

With the tweets down low in the car couldn't people's legs in the car block the sound of the tweeter.

M5, whats makes you dislike the Bose tweeter placement

The Bose are placed far from the actual midrange driver which isn't good for lower crossover points in particular, as well as they are far from equal path lengths and generally low. There are a few compromises to deal with and the Bose system ignored them all. Here is what you want:

-Equal path lengths

-Close as possible to the mid

-As high as possible

You can see they failed on all accounts. It is one thing to compromise on or the other but to do it to all is bad. I think they chose their location based on aesthetics alone.

can u point me in the way of a website to find prefabed a pillars with tweet mounts. for a 98' maxima