Koridan

Yay got my Damplifier..... Now a Question...

Okay I got my Damplifier. And I couldnt be any more pleased with it. So I did my Entire TRunk Lid. With more layers of Damp. Where there were rattles. I put it in the hole where the spare tire goes and around the floor of the trunk and a little on walls. So After Applying I still heard a rattle but it was from under the car. So I crawled under and found the rattle. It was on this square metal piece directly under where the spare tire goes. So I degreased it and Slapped 2 layers on that piece. It cut the rattle out quite a bit. So I cranked up the bass to listen for more rattles. I heard a rattle still under the car. Not loud but you can really tell its there. So I crawled under yet again and started scoping it out. I usually can just push on the piece and it will quit rattling. so I started feeling around under the car around where the spare tire is located. I can here it but I can't Stop it. I guess all in all Im just wondering. If I put more layers of Damp inside the trunk where the spare tire is will it eventually quit rattling? Sorry this was So long. I was just trying to give a detailed note of what all I did. Thanks in Advance.

~Madrox

Maybe, but not likely. More vibration damper might reduce the energy exciting the rattle, but if you can't stop it by putting your hand on it, sound deadener probably won't stop it either since it amounts to the same thing. Gotta keep hunting.

I agree you need to find a way to stop it first.

Think it could be some loose bolts in the undercarriage?

Loose something somewhere - could be that quarter that fell out of your pocket 3 years ago :) Sorry, couldn't help it. It really could be any one f a thousand different things. Question is, can you live with it or are you p for some major excavating?

use your fist and pound on the area to see if you can duplicate it without bass....

No chit we Deadened a trunk the guy kept coming back cause of one freaking DIME that was in the undercarriage.. It's funny how that dime wasn't noticed and wasn't loud until the rest of the trunk was deadened and it just sung like an opera singer in a mime contest