woodguy

Subs in an avalanche?

Does anyone know of any way to install subs into a chevy avalanche and still have the midgate useable? I use the thing like a truck but still want to get at least a 12 into it. I also have 3 kids so losing a seat is not an option. Help.

My father-in-law has an Avalanche, and I've been thinking of a way to "gut" the center counsel to put a 10" there.

Edited by oxsign

I was lucky enough to find 1 sitting in a junkyard that I got the counsel out of. I've just been to busy to get started on it yet.

I'd also do a console, but a sealed 10 would of course be a lot easier. If you are an output sort of guy you will have to give something up.

i have the same problem with mine. i dont wanna ripe the front deats out too do it either. iv seen a 12 in sub by the driver and passengers feet. but i got screwed cause i have no idea hwo tot do that.

http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9262

http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7059

Not trying to push another forum on you, but Phil makes a few enclosures just for Av's. Don't know how it would work as far as using the midgate, but it's an option.

And just an FYI, he is not working for a while due to a death in the family.

Just wanted to post here to clarify what afarfsin stated as I did take time off, but I am now back.

As for the you folks that own Chevy Avalanches and/or Caddy EXT's.

I offer many various enclosure's specifically designed with various subwoofer models for the vehicles mentioned.

These enclosures are design as such that they fit between the rear seat and the midgate requiring no modifications to the vehicle what so ever and they do not impact the function of the midgate other than if you wish to use the midgate, the enclosure will have to be removed to do so which is why many avalanche owners have chosen to use these enclosures.

Also, as to the enclosures themselves and those that have purchase them, there are many customer comments to which they can be found here: Avalanche Owners Comments

If you have and further questions, please e-mail your questions to woodlawn.cabinetry@verizon.net or register with SPLBassX Forum and post your questions/inquiry's in Woodlawn Cabinetry's Forums section / Chevy Avalanche Enclosure Section, AV Members Questions & Comments Welcome as I created this section for AV/EXT owners.

Phil

Woodlawn Cabinetry