Sign in to follow this  
George

2 15" Q's or BL's

assuming both are in 8^3 ft @ 32 hz with 3kw to split between them @ 2 ohms with equal installs.

which ones would be louder?

my main concern is, do these subwoofers basically take power the same way and just 1 gears it more towards an SQ aspect and the other a SPL aspect. or is basically just the power applied that will determine which is louder? i mean both are rated @ 1kw and the only thing that seperates them are the power options that apply to the thermal side of power handling. but mechanically, as far as power handling goes, are they the same? same stiffness spiders etc?

i have been told by one guy that his 2 15" q's were louder off 1.2kw of power than his bl 15's that were a direct swap with the same amount of power.

Edited by George

assuming both are in 8^3 ft @ 32 hz with 3kw to split between them @ 2 ohms with equal installs.

which ones would be louder?

my main concern is, do these subwoofers basically take power the same way and just 1 gears it more towards an SQ aspect and the other a SPL aspect. or is basically just the power applied that will determine which is louder? i mean both are rated @ 1kw and the only thing that seperates them are the power options that apply to the thermal side of power handling. but mechanically, as far as power handling goes, are they the same? same stiffness spiders etc?

i have been told by one guy that his 2 15" q's were louder off 1.2kw of power than his bl 15's that were a direct swap with the same amount of power.

BL's can handle more power, even tho the Q and BL are rated at 1kw rms. i would take the BL's, they can get louder IMO, 1.2kw isent enough for the BL's IMO, mabe if u only have the p chamfer on, but if u have it loaded put like 1500-1700 watts and it will shine, but either wat both subs are sick as hell, its all on install

BL's will be more likely to peak than the Q's and should be louder...

~1500 watts tends to be optimal for "loaded" BL's...

Thanks

-Nick

i wanna get 4 BLs powered by 2 sundown 3000ds will that be too much becaue i know sundown amps put out alot more then rated power

i wanna get 4 BLs powered by 2 sundown 3000ds will that be too much becaue i know sundown amps put out alot more then rated power

4 loaded BL's could take 6kw all day long. Mine takes 1500 and is begging for more

Just because an amp does a certain amount of power doesn't mean you need to use all of it you can set the gains according to how much head unit preout voltage you have furthermore you'd be right in the recommended range anyway as Nick pointed out

Sign in to follow this