Sir_Stickybuds

Incriminator and DBDrag finals

which finals location(s) does incriminator plan to attend? is there any extra support or tips for competitors using IA equipment? I am attending Indy finals, running SS1-2NW with 2 DD 9515s and a single 40.1 so i am going to get killed in my class since i will have much less equipment than everyone else in the class. looking for all the help i can get

We will be attending Tampa, FL. What does your electrical system look like?

car is a 96 toyota corolla with a half wall, currently i am running 2 batteries, 1 small interstate under the hood, and a odyssey/stinger 1700 in the trunk, stock 90 amp alt. will probably be adding a couple of optima batteries for finals along with a big 3 upgrade. have tried to burp and/or roll the amp at .25 ohms and it went into protect which doesn't surprise me considering i don't have the electrical to back it up and its quite a low load, so i guess i am stuck leaving it at 1 ohm. this car has been a challenge to make loud compared to my previous cars, i am planning a rebuild of the box in the next few weeks also. its currently only in the mid 140's which is nothing in no wall.

You are really choking that 40.1 out with only 1 extra battery. The extra optimas are definitely a good start. If you are only going to run 1 amp, I would suggest at least 2 extra Group 31 Yellow Tops. 40.1's usually dont like anything below .5 ohm, so thats why you are going into protect. What subs are you running? You need to get up in the mid 50's to be somewhat competitive at the regional level. Nothing 4 40.1's and 8-12 batteries won't fix :)

yea i know i'm highly under equipped for regionals, but unless someone hands me more equipment then thats not going to change. i'm a poor bastid so i do what i can. my subs are Digital Design 9515e's dual 1 ohm coils. my biggest problem is the vehicle, its very small and i haven't been able to make it spl happy with 3 installs, going on the 4th box now. previous vehicle did a higher score with 1 sub and half the power but i don't blame it on the equipment. been very happy with the amp

Edited by Sir_Stickybuds

One other thing you could do as well is have those 9515's reconed into some 9518's :) Have them reconed into dual .7's so you get a final load of .7 ohm. There are several other things you could do, as we could go on and on and on....lol

Come on now, guys! Am I going to be in Indianapolis all by myself? *laughs* Someone will be there with my stuff so I'm likely going there :)

Come on now, guys! Am I going to be in Indianapolis all by myself? *laughs* Someone will be there with my stuff so I'm likely going there :)

:woot: All of us Sound Check guys will be in Indy.

my friend has 2 of the 40.1 pushing 2x DD9515"

he uses the Kenitik 17v batterys i believe 4 of em... 2 per amp.... but has to run 17v to the remote on the amp's or it wont turn on ???!!!???

does very well hes in the 154db range

he said the 20.1 amps did better with the same setup... as they let you get away with lower ohm loads...

please noone chop off my head,,,

just telling what he has mentioned in passing @ competitions... over all a B@D@SS amp either way...

he said he has run the 20.1 down to 0.26ohm per amp for burps !!! but has to ROLL the VOLUME to keep it from going into protect...

but the 40.1 did not like the low ohm load

i took pics :)

P1010184.jpg

P1010183.jpg

P1010181.jpg

:popcorn:

Edited by Lord Baccus

nice, so is he running the 40.1 at 1 ohm then? i need to get an suv or get a van again, if i still had my old van i'd be in the 50's i'm sure as i was at a 147 car on with a 9515 and a earthquake D2 but that was then and this is now. thanks for the help.... just going to have to do the best i can with my budget and vehicle

nice, so is he running the 40.1 at 1 ohm then? i need to get an suv or get a van again, if i still had my old van i'd be in the 50's i'm sure as i was at a 147 car on with a 9515 and a earthquake D2 but that was then and this is now. thanks for the help.... just going to have to do the best i can with my budget and vehicle

last i checked he was running twin 40.1 amps @ 0.5ohm per amp ???

ill call and ask

last i checked he was running twin 40.1 amps @ 0.5ohm per amp ???

ill call and ask

that vehicle did a 52.x with 1 40 using the D1 subs you see there. Battery setup was 1 1800 under the hood and 1 2400 in the back.

I rock 2 40's now.