Lord Baccus

What to do ???

the back window on my 2000 ford Explorer is Mage Flexxing !!!

what can be done to stop the spl from leaking out ???

i have too be able too see through it...

i was thinking of a way to seal it ???

any ideas :shrug:

Turn it down?

wont win a lot of trophys doing that ???

i was thinking of using some door trim foam / then when the event comes around using scrap 3m vinal in strips to seal it off !!??!!

wont look pretty but might work !???

anyone else have this problem ?

Sounds like a framed window would have been better than a frameless. Solution of course is to build your own frame without it no seals will take the pressure, except perhaps if you really glued the shit out of it.

no wall yet !!! but its in the works.

the window is 1 that lifts up without having to open the back hatch,

so it has a flemssy latching system, and the window is really moving when the subs are @ a moderate volume...

no wall yet !!! but its in the works.

the window is 1 that lifts up without having to open the back hatch,

so it has a flemssy latching system, and the window is really moving when the subs are @ a moderate volume...

cheesy but...

use tie down straps somehow, like wraped around window going up to back doors.

idk

this would be kinda difficult and make it a PITA if u ever wanted to open up your hatch...lol...but assuming there is like a factory 'handle' on the window in question, it is probably held on with some screws. u could take the handle off, run a brace from like to box to where the screw holes are on the back window, and then secure with screws from the outside....just a though..maybe a stupid one...lol

throw some faom in there and see what happens... closed cell like second skin overkill

? foam on the glass ?

or do you mean foam in the back door cavitys ?

i am having a problem with the back window flapping like a bird wing when the subs are humming...

the link to the pics was so you could see the back window in question...

ya i remember te pics... the problem with the explorer is the window isnt built in so its flexing at a different resonace then the outer fram piece. adding said foam to the metal surounding the window should act like weather stripping and prevent air from spilling out.... IMO its either that or siliconing the damn thing shut. straps wont work because eventually it will brake the chit out of that window

ya i remember te pics... the problem with the explorer is the window isnt built in so its flexing at a different resonace then the outer fram piece. adding said foam to the metal surounding the window should act like weather stripping and prevent air from spilling out.... IMO its either that or siliconing the damn thing shut. straps wont work because eventually it will brake the chit out of that window

i was thinking 3m double sided tape ??? if that dont hold ill go with siclicone

Tighten the hell out of your back window.

Find some way to put small clips on each side of the window.. so it keeps it in place.

or use a big rope?

i was thinking 3m double sided tape ??? if that dont hold ill go with siclicone

rofl.

get creative, don't expect to be able to go to THE store & automatically find what you need.

If the factory latch isnt keeping the pressure in then i doubt a piece of plastic with not so great adhesive is going to work

Double sided tape will NOT work. The foam was a better idea.

ill give that a try ASAP... stop by Home Depot on the way home

if only the cloth area of the strap is is touching the glass you will be fine. a couple of racket straps over the thing and you'll be fine at comps