Sign in to follow this  
Silverbane

Canadian Sundown Testing

Well, for all the Canadian people, JordyO from CCA did some testing on a pair of Sundown 1500's this week.

Ok... so here we go, same setup as before. A strapped pair going to my dual 4 Ohm Kicker L7's... with the amps seeing 1 Ohm nominal.

Voltage dropped to 11.2v from 13.9

Current: 31.2a

Voltage: 98.2v

Wattage: 3063.84w

Impedance: 3.14 Ohms

So... with each amp seeing just a hair over 1.5Ohms and running on 11.2v they were putting out 1532 watts.

I'd say they make their power and a good bit more when they see 1 Ohm at 12v.

And he did a drop test 2 sundown 1500's vs a stetsom 5k at a competition:
Yup... on a straight drop in test (in the middle of a show actually) ... my score jumped from a 149.3 to a 149.9 just by switching from a Stetsom to the pair of Sundowns.

In defence of the Stetsoms they are definitely built for 16v (as we have been starting to learn) ... but they're still supposed to do 5kw at 12v. I'm thinking it's much less than that due to their inefficiency though

Thanks Jordy!

Edited by SilverBane

I believe it was a 7KD Stetsom, which is rated 5000 @ 12v and 7000 @ 14.4 volts. It is their big boy.

Yes this is very good and a great day to say....told ya so :) There will still be people pissed about it but whatever. Nice going Jordy and thanks to brad for posting over here.

I believe it was a 7KD Stetsom, which is rated 5000 @ 12v and 7000 @ 14.4 volts. It is their big boy.

Yup it was a Stetsom V7KD... the 2 Ohm version. (supposed to put out it's power at 2 Ohms instead of 1) ;)

Sign in to follow this