Sign in to follow this  
sostl

1 12" mag vs 2 12" pioneers ts w3000spl

Im tryin to see how come the mag will be to 2 12" pioneer ts w3000spl's.

the mag will b in a 2 cubic box tuned to 32 running off a sundown saz1500d

the pioneers are in a jeep cherokee in a 3.5 cubic box tuned to 36 running off a crunch 1500

Just tryin to see if the mag will be able to compare to the poneers. Which ones would get louder and lower and better sq?

Depends on the vehicle and tuning, but a Mag can whip on some drivers that are "technically" superior to it in SPL, but I'll leave the SPL comparison up to others on here. As far as SQ goes, Mag.

Depends on the vehicle and tuning, but a Mag can whip on some drivers that are "technically" superior to it in SPL, but I'll leave the SPL comparison up to others on here. As far as SQ goes, Mag.

+1 on SQ

The Mag can get loud as hell, but the pioneers have more cone area, so they may get close, but do yourself a favor....buy the Mag, you'll never look back.

Even your box alignment screams that the Mag will have a nicer sounding response. Personally the Pio's don't do anything for me,.

I just had to look at the thread title. I didn't even have to read your post to make my decision.

Magnum.

thanks for the replies,

i forgot the mag will be goin into a 03 chevy impala

thanks for the replies,

i forgot the mag will be goin into a 03 chevy impala

Put more power @ those 3000's. Those crunch amps are garbage, they are extremely power hungry and will not do rated power. I had the same amp on a single 3002SPL in a 2 @ 40hz box and did a 138.1. You were probably giving each of those pioneers 300-400wrms which is not near enough for those woofers. I switched out my amp with an Audiopipe 1500.1 (giving my pioneer 3002 ~1500wrms) and did a 140.1. Those things will take every bit of 1kw each with no problems.

The Mag 12 may be louder with that amp, but if you gave the recommended power to those 3000's I'm almost positive they would be louder than the single mag.

The mag's do get quite loud though. With (2) 12" Mag's though i'd say you'd murder those 3000's in output and SQ.

Edited by skeptikal