sundownz

8 inch woofer?

E8_Photos.jpg

Photo of the prototype... coming in soon for testing. It was a scanned photo, so my apology for the quality.

Chrome is for the prototype only, it will get a black basket and steel parts for production.

Preliminary T/S are pretty close to my goals... actual measured T/S will be posted once it arrives and is broken in.

Nice look, clean and mean

man hold off on the pre order until i get some $$$ again

man hold off on the pre order until i get some $$$ again

You have some time. The prototype isn't in my hands yet :)

I can't wait to see the final product...

I'm pretty excited as well, should be a very neat driver!

So, what will the depth be on these? I'm thinking that 2 of these ported may just outperform 2 of the 10 SD1v2's sealed in the same space that I have, giving me lower extension. If you can get these in at under 5", it just may be a go for me.

So, what will the depth be on these? I'm thinking that 2 of these ported may just outperform 2 of the 10 SD1v2's sealed in the same space that I have, giving me lower extension. If you can get these in at under 5", it just may be a go for me.

Pending exact measurements when it arrives :) I want to be 100% sure what I say is accurate so I'm going to measure it myself. The motor is very shallow, it all depends on the exact basket depth... it *should* be under 5" deep, but I will post for sure shortly as it is on it's way to me now.

These are SVC 4 ohm subs, so if you plan to use these instead of the SD-1 v.2s you likely need a different amp.

Unless you tune somewhere in the infrasound range, I doubt it...

Do tell? Well, maybe I wasn't quite specific. I want the strongest low end I can get in the paltry space I have. Midbass is no issue, but low end is. For power, I'll have the sub channel of a Power1000 at whatever load I feel will be sufficient. I wonder if 4 of the 8's would work better than the pair of 10's?

Do tell? Well, maybe I wasn't quite specific. I want the strongest low end I can get in the paltry space I have. Midbass is no issue, but low end is. For power, I'll have the sub channel of a Power1000 at whatever load I feel will be sufficient. I wonder if 4 of the 8's would work better than the pair of 10's?

The SD-1 v.2 is substantially more efficient. The E8 and the SD-1 v.2 model up almost the same either ported or sealed, with the SD-1 v.2 being much more efficient.

Two SD-1 v.2 sealed will out-perform four of these sealed simply by their much higher efficiency and nearly 50% cone area advantage.

Two SD-1 v.2 sealed will have less on the very low-end (under 50 Hz) than two of these ported.

I cant wait for these to come out. The proto looks like it has came along pretty nice. Its gonna look alot better w/ a painted black basket and rubber gasket also. I got a box ready for 4 of these when they come out, im super intrested in seeing how these do. Keep up the good work jacob and i looking forward to getting my hands on some. If i like them ill probally rebuild the box for 8 of them :) maybe more. Also what you looking for in a packaging? Ill see what i can come up w/ for you if you want. Hit me an email.

Take Care

Corey

Two of these would be great in the doors on a SAX-250.2...oh yeah it isn't out yet cause someone is making subs... ;)

Aw man... I'm depressed... the 8" proto came in damaged. Something heavy had been sitting on top of the shipping container and has fully and permanently depressed the suspension ALL the way back *sigh*

Looks like these will be getting a big delay to get this taken care of.

Aw man... I'm depressed... the 8" proto came in damaged. Something heavy had been sitting on top of the shipping container and has fully and permanently depressed the suspension ALL the way back *sigh*

Looks like these will be getting a big delay to get this taken care of.

:(

You asked about help with packaging ideas.

Email me and I'll help with ideas.

Can't design worth chit unfortunatly, but MORE than willing to help with ideas man.

J