sundownz

8 inch woofer?

Aw man... I'm depressed... the 8" proto came in damaged. Something heavy had been sitting on top of the shipping container and has fully and permanently depressed the suspension ALL the way back *sigh*

Looks like these will be getting a big delay to get this taken care of.

i wanna say i'm sorry to hear that but i'm really kind of fing05.gif because now it'll be pushed back past x-mas and i can probably afford to buy a few

bittersweet I suppose

The way the packing was it would have messed up any driver. But anyway, they are sending me a re-cone so I can repair and test it!

you just need to get their packing up to par mabe you and Corey should go over there and teach them how to package products properly

Edited by loudcav

you just need to get their packing up to par mabe you and Corey should go over there and teach them how to package products properly

Discovered that customs did it -- they opened to the package for inspection and put it back wrong *sigh* Anyway, I am getting parts for it -- hopefully soon.

I have two 8" woofers tuned to 30HZ with 400 watts per sub and love it. I am a little older but thats ok. I run a 3 way component setup and eveything comes together wonderfully.

Got some new parts in... played around a bit. Realized it is a huge PITA to assemble an 8" driver from raw parts by hand (they are so little). I'm quite pleased with it overall -- only a few tweaks are needed.

I am testing an alternative cone / surround. This will bring the Fs and Qts up a hair, but will make the driver much more durable. The surround for the specs posted is way too thin for comfort to me... it would be easy to puncture or otherwise damage.

I re-assembled the driver with a much thicker and stronger surround and added 20 grams of mass (using extra glue). The specs came out nicely and actually added more low-end extension. The Qts was 0.48 totally fresh with zero break-in -- this means it will fall down to 0.40 - 0.45 after break-in and still be just as versatile for sealed or ported applications!

The new surround is FAR stronger than the original... I fell in love with it :)

can u make a 6.5" sub with a neo Jacob?

Could... but probably will not anytime soon due to the tiny market for such a thing.

---

I tested the 8" sub ported in my car -- very happy with the output, even sitting behind my other box in a trunk. It goes very low and handles good power -- had it cranked on my 100.2 bridged for several songs. I am power testing it now over time... ~225 watts for an hour or two (200-watt rating). I will measure broken-in T/S after that as well.

The specs have been altered quite a bit from inception due to real world parts implementation, but the response and enclosure sizes will still remain very similar to the original goals :)

nice. WAY 2 go.

I'm quite happy with the result... I may even use these in my Civic daily since I can make a narrower box and save trunk space.

*didnt read all 7 pages*

but something with a high enough frequency range so it could be used as a mid-bass would be extremely cool.

any comps or mid-ranges on the drawing board for future release/development

Getting the final details ironed out on the design then production will be ASAP.
Cool, keep me posted i am realy intrested in picking up some of these as soon as there avalible. BTW are they being built the same place as the old SD-1's v1's?

Corey

Edited by SundownAudioNY

Getting the final details ironed out on the design then production will be ASAP.
Cool, keep me posted i am realy intrested in picking up some of these as soon as there avalible. BTW are they being built the same place as the old SD-1's v1's?

They are not, the 8s are made overseas.

PS: Sean (ibanender) has been beating the crap out of the original proto for quite some time with well above rated power -- he is rather pleased with it.

i will be intrested in getting one for my wrecker, i have a kicker 8 in there now blah!

cooling is a must!

Thats good to hear Jacab (about the power handling) what kind of power has he been throwing to it if you dont mind me asking?

Corey

Thats good to hear Jacab (about the power handling) what kind of power has he been throwing to it if you dont mind me asking?

Corey

Corey,

He has a 400-watt amp on it day to day (old red Orion HCCA @ 4 ohms)... we burped it several times with an 800-watt amp on tap in his CRX as well.

cool keep us updated in HI also. not sure if I missed it but what are the vc d4 or d2 either way it will be 1 bad*ss sub..

Aloha

cool keep us updated in HI also. not sure if I missed it but what are the vc d4 or d2 either way it will be 1 bad*ss sub..

Aloha

Single 4 ohms.