sundownz

8 inch woofer?

Hey everyone,

I have a couple questions about this 8 inch woofer. A few years ago I was going to put 4 or so 8 inch woofers together in the back of my blazer. I don't care much for the muddy, deep, SPL contest bass, I like the quick punchy bass with good SQ. I had 2 12 inch Cerwin Vegas in a sealed enclosure and that was very muddy sounding. At that time, according to the Great 8 Challenge the CMP8 was the best SQ in the 8 inch range. I also remember considering the TangBand 8 inch woofers. I don't completely understand all the T/S specs so its hard for me to compare the 8 inch woofer you are creating with the CMP8 or the TB8. So I'm just wondering how they stand up against the CMP8 I guess. How are they different? Can these 8's take the place of the two 12's I have now by keeping the low frequencies but being more punchy..?

sorry for my ignorance in all this..lol

The challenge was so far back I don't recall what all the drivers sounded like (I was there).

In any event, the E8 is a very good sounding driver. It would do better IB than the Tang-Band 8" driver.

The CMP 8 is a bit larger and I don't think it is made any more, not as far as I know. I'm sure it also cost quite a bit more than the E8.

How well could these perform off 100watts each compared to say the Tang Bands 6.5 subs?... only looking to play up to the 220 regions. They would probally be in small kicks.

i was just lookin through this thread (been a member at SMD...decided to visit here more often) and i've been wanting to change my setup a lil. i was going to try to work with the 4 15 BTL's i had...but i've been looking into running a higher number of smaller woofers. i can definitely gain more cone area this way with the same power on hand. i was thinking of running 20 (300 watts a piece) ported, or maybe even 30 (200 watts a piece) sealed off of my 2 SAZ-3000D's, tho i like to be able to tune low (low to mid 30's if possible) with ported boxes. if they can be wired properly at that (that many drivers makes + ohm loads makes me go crazy :P) i have 12-16 cubes to work with, most likely a wall behind the back seats. so i cant port the 30. just wondering how these would stack up for a loud daily driver.

and if these were still on preorder? if so i am going to need to make up my mind fast.

EDIT: oh and thanks btw in advance for any insight :)

Edited by Basshead

A large number would be incredibly loud.

With 32 of them you could strap the amps @ 2 ohms for 187.5 watts each.

And yes, they are still on pre-order. If you really want 32 of them PM me for a price on that many.

I was having issues getting on SSA for some reason... I'll be going over my PMs now.