Lord Baccus

154.6db last night

Last Night at the Texas Bass Productions show in Ft Worth Tx ( Hooters )

with a lil help from Doug ( Djman37 ) i did

152.3 on my first run....

154.0 on the second rub

154.6db on last run and she had more to give...

equipment used:

Alpine 9887 Hu

Ia 40.1

2- 15" SoundStream T4 subs

1 - Kenitick 2400

box 7.5cf ported with 2- 6" areaports, ruffly 7" long

note 55Hz

mic in passanger Kick w/ drivers door open

:slayer::domoslay::slayer::domoslay::slayer::domoslay::slayer::domoslay:

Pics soon

Edited by Lord Baccus

Who still meters in the kick, w/doors open?

I know some do it @ the headreast, sealed.

Some do it on the dash sealed..

Is the kick even still a legal score?

Edited by J31Rob

it was last night...

it was not a Usaci show as they cant seem to find there way to Dallas / Ft Worth ...

Ia 40.1 was only wired too 0.4ohm 12v

1 battery etc etc etc

Still, who meters like that? Try a legal reading just for kicks.

Ummmmmmm pretty much everyone at the show....

as stated this was NOT USACI...

no retarded window line rule.

No Rule Book as Thick as a Dallas Yellow pages,

No judges declaring your system illegal cuss your beating the favored team.

or changing the rules the week before finals so you dont have time to re-build etc etc etc...

just a bunch of people having a Great time @ Hooters

put the mic where ever you want and Boom away...

it was an informal show...

but for kicks i will bow to the wimm of the mass's and try it Usaci Legal.

which i find slightly ( mildlly ) retarded as it will change the res Freq depending on the car/truck/van

and is not the best place to measure SPL as you need a place for the wave to load...

will give certian cars an addvantage lets say a ( REX ) ???!!!???

:popcorn:

Still, who meters like that? Try a legal reading just for kicks.

USACi meters like that & Texas Bass Productions meters like that. Those are the ONLY two orgainizations that approach Dallas|Fort Worth. (and i use approach loosely with USACI, they make a couple of shows a year in the DFW area with a few more within 3 hours)

I let him use the amp for that day...throw and go, test at the show.

He's got two Sundowns on the way and tweaking will ensue. Putting the meter on the dash isn't out of the question, it just requires re-tuning the box and all that stuff to really see what it'll do. There's boxes yet to be built as well... :noevil:

Guest zedman

I dont care where the mic was that is loud as fudge. great job. woooo hooooo

Doug Thank you for clarifying my point on where the meter gos... im still new to the competition 2nd yr now...

i would like to state that 154.6db was all Djman :)

i could not have gotten that far without his and Jantars help.

Doug was tweeking the amp & assisting me during the runs

they are Great competitors in every sence of the word.

and i am greatful for the assistance, and am in their debt for helping me to get as far as i have !

1stplace-3.jpg

HighistSpl.jpg

Edited by Lord Baccus

I dont care where the mic was that is loud as fudge. great job. woooo hooooo

it was Blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring my vision so bad

Doug hooked up the remote to the amp so he could control the volume wile i set the note....

Have you tried moving the mic to the other side. Also try window open half way, all the way open, etc. vs. door open.

I gained .4 dB going to the drivers side with the mic, even though my setup should be louder on the passenger side by design (subs passenger side, port driver's side). . .

Brian

Have you tried moving the mic to the other side. Also try window open half way, all the way open, etc. vs. door open.

I gained .4 dB going to the drivers side with the mic, even though my setup should be louder on the passenger side by design (subs passenger side, port driver's side). . .

Brian

i intend on paying to have the Explorer metered in every concievable position as soon as Doug gets the termlab ready & has an hour or 2 too spare...

i did read yestreday that the guy doing 152db @20Hz did it with the mic on the passanger headrest... WoW....

@ a show in Ft Worth last month i did the same # on drivers side as i did on the passanger side but that was with a Street beat boxx and only 200watts per sub.

was using a 12yr old PPi Pc 4800 to run the subs cuss the Massive p3000.1 could not handle a 2ohm load...??? was being repaired

i did a 144.6 db on both sides

Edited by Lord Baccus

My 157+ at 36 Hz is pretty darn painful. . .

hahaha, thats a score..

im only doing a 143.6, dash, sealed..

but the deck was on vol 63 outa 80 and the bass knob was all the way down =]

i did read yestreday that the guy doing 152db @20Hz did it with the mic on the passanger headrest... WoW....

That makes the most sense to me. I know every organization does it differently, but that seems like the best to me.

That makes the most sense to me. I know every organization does it differently, but that seems like the best to me.

pics please !!??!! i did give this a try Sunday @ the competition... got 147.3db with the mic on the passanger headrest and the drivers window opened 6" ???

i need to see how this test was done

pics please !!??!! i did give this a try Sunday @ the competition... got 147.3db with the mic on the passanger headrest and the drivers window opened 6" ???

i need to see how this test was done

What do you want pics of? I just have an idea in my head man. Seems like the best way to meter something is where your head is in the car, actual listening location.

Talk to someone you know there who's done more comps in different orgs. They might know better than me.

i was wanting to see how he had the mic possitioned so i can get a better idea of how the test was preformed...