Sign in to follow this  
Yanks Fan

Couple Q's on the Icon

first off, hey everyone, new to this forum. im usually on other forums but figured my question would be best answered here

well im really interested in the Icon and a few other subs. but i got a couple questions:

1) I wanna do 2 15" Icons sealed in my car. i can only fit about 5 cuft tops. I have a couple amps in mind and all of them do about 2500rms. Would that be too much for the Icon? Should i only put 2k on them? Also, should I make the box towards the smaller side around 4-4.5 cuft or towards the bigger end 4.5-5cuft? Or should i just call off the sealed and do 2 12's ported?

2) I think I've narrowed down my decisions to a few subs. 2 12" AA havocs ported ran off about 2500rms, 2 12" DC Sound Lab Level 4's ported ran off about 2500rms, or 2 15" Fi Q's sealed ran off of about 2500rms and of course the Icons. Anyone have any opinions/information that could be useful to me while making the decision would be great.

Right now, i am leaning towards doing the Icons sealed. I have never heard 15's so it would be awesome to have 2 of them :) .

Thanks for any help guys.

first off, hey everyone, new to this forum. im usually on other forums but figured my question would be best answered here

well im really interested in the Icon and a few other subs. but i got a couple questions:

1) I wanna do 2 15" Icons sealed in my car. i can only fit about 5 cuft tops. I have a couple amps in mind and all of them do about 2500rms. Would that be too much for the Icon? Should i only put 2k on them? Also, should I make the box towards the smaller side around 4-4.5 cuft or towards the bigger end 4.5-5cuft? Or should i just call off the sealed and do 2 12's ported?

2) I think I've narrowed down my decisions to a few subs. 2 12" AA havocs ported ran off about 2500rms, 2 12" DC Sound Lab Level 4's ported ran off about 2500rms, or 2 15" Fi Q's sealed ran off of about 2500rms and of course the Icons. Anyone have any opinions/information that could be useful to me while making the decision would be great.

Right now, i am leaning towards doing the Icons sealed. I have never heard 15's so it would be awesome to have 2 of them :) .

Thanks for any help guys.

Great to have you here at SSA. Hope I can answer some of your questions.

1.) 5 cubes sealed should do what you're looking for just fine. 1250w/ea should be just fine on those subs!

2.) All the subs you've listed above are all great subs, and it will all boil down to what you want in the end. I would give my opionion, but some might think it's a biased one ;)

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. :popcorn:

Great to have you here at SSA. Hope I can answer some of your questions.

1.) 5 cubes sealed should do what you're looking for just fine. 1250w/ea should be just fine on those subs!

2.) All the subs you've listed above are all great subs, and it will all boil down to what you want in the end. I would give my opionion, but some might think it's a biased one ;)

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. :popcorn:

thanks for the help bud. i honestly havent seen or heard much of anything about DC Sound Labs or the new AA line, but the little i have heard has been nothing but positives and praise. come to think of it same goes for the icon haha. its my understanding that the Icon and the Q are very similiar except for the Q can handle a little more power. But since both can handle the power i plan on running i guess that doesnt matter....hate making decisions lol

well there's alot of great subs out there in this price range. Everyone who's bought an ICON is very pleased with them! Hopefully some ICON owners will chime in shortly

i ahve 2 12's icons and i have loved them since i first turned on the truck. great sound and deliever a punch indeed.

they basicly sold them self.

thanks for that bud. im really leaning towards the icons.....ill be buying them in a month or 2 i hope

I feel they get smoother and better as they break in.

4 iCON 10's in an Explorer.

For the short time I got with them I loved them.

J